Getting ISO audio from Zoom to Mimo

Hi everyone,

I’m using ZoomISO to get NDI feeds from Zoom to Mimo, while the video part works perfectly I can’t seem to be able to get specific audio from the different speakers, all I am able to get is the mix of the Zoom meeting.

Is this even possible atm or am I missing something?

As far as I know, you can’t get separate audio tracks either from ZoomIso or zoom

I agree with @JMVBMW: I don’t think you can get Audio ISO from Zoom. Another advantage for mimoCall! :wink:

I will try to get a definitive answer from the ZoomISO guys.

Looks like iso audio is being worked on by the folks at Liminal who make ZoomISO. So, hopefully, we’ll see that soon.

1 Like

Thank you folks, hope they can make it work :slight_smile:

Also, in case you don’t know, ZoomISO allows you to record ISO audio so there is that for now.

Cheers

ZoomISO does not currently provide audio on the NDI feeds.

An update is due soon (all things going well) which will provide isolated audio via NDI. Andy Carluccio of Liminal who make ZoomISO demonstrated it recently on AV Educate.

At the moment you can transport the muxed version of Zoom audio over NDI using Rogue Amoebas Loopback software in combination with NDI scan converter from Newtek.

Hi James, thanks a lot.

I’ve been trying this morning with NDI scan converter and Loopbak to make this work but I’ve been struggling.

In the “capture” option of Scan Converter I selected the ZoomISO NDI I wanted to capture, but in Loopback when I select NDI scan converter as my source I’m not getting any sound coming in.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Edit : After some testing it seems like I can’t manage to get any sound on loopback coming from Scan converter no matter what the source is selected there.

Actually I have a better and simpler solution for the moment until ZoomISO with audio comes out.

On the machine receiving the NDI feeds from ZoomISO open a second instance of Zoom and capture the audio this second instance.

I just tried it and it works very well and adds little to no extra load to my machine running mimoLive.

Sending the audio via ScanConverter while possible was not always reliable.

Really I didn’t know this, can you tell me more please?

ZoomISO has a record option (I think it’s in Zoom as well?)

And there is an option in the settings of ZoomISO allowing to record separate audio tracks, I haven’t tried it yet though.

Ahh yes. That’s just a standard Zoom feature. Unfortunately it doesn’t record full audio for each channel, only segments for each participant.

Ah that’s disappointing, thanks for the info

Doesn’t ZoomISO support audio via NDI 5 with the latest update? Mimo just doesn’t support NDI 5 yet. Any idea when it might happen?

1 Like

No the NDI 5 version does not have the isolated audio included in the NDI feed. The next release of ZoomISO should hopefully have isolated audio.

Although my understanding of zoom is that it can only provide 3 continuous feeds of isolated audio at a time. This is one of the reasons ZoomRooms with NDI is limited to three feeds.

It will be interesting to see how Liminal get around this constraint when they release ZoomISO with audio.

Thank you folks, hope they can make it work :slight_smile:

Just as an FYI, the Zoom Room option (subscription) allows for separate audio channels with NDI output of 3 participants.