Get your Canon T5i to work with Istopmotion

Ok kids, HS film teacher here, was pulling my hair out as to why my Canon T5i would not work or show up in the preview window in istopmotion. I mean it is listed as camera that works on their site right? Spent hours reading everything and trying lots of stuff, looking up youtube videos to no avail. Broke down and asked for tec help here in an e-mail to Boink. They replied within one day! YAY…I like that, they sent me a bevy of options to try, nothing worked except 2 things that I would like to share.
#1 When you open your DSLR camera to on if the EOS Camera Software kicks in and a window and opens on your desktop… find it in your apps and trash the Whole folder, I do not think this EOS will work for a DSLR and Istopmotion (could be wrong) but just telling you what I did. You can always add it back in later…
#2 Open istopmotion and click on the (istopmotion words) on the top left of the screen then hold down the ALT key…A window will open…Choose DEBUG…Another window opens…Check the box the reads…(Ignore whitelisting for digital still cameras) then restart program. Open it, name it, Turn on your camera, I used green auto mode mode on the top dial, and set to (movie mode) (little film camera icon next to the dial) ADD AN SD CARD!!! GO TO TOP OF SCREEN AND SELECT SOURCE…You should see your camera listed there. Canon T5i…Select it…BAM you should see the camera image in the preview screen kick in and it will allow you to record and see the onion skin and everything works! yeeeeeeeehaaaaaa! Thanks to Boinx, never would have figured this out without their help…