FotoMagico 5.5 ready for macOS High Sierra

Exactly the same issue and setup as Paq_Den. Running running OSX 10.13.1, Fotomagico Pro 5.5.2 and using Lightroom Classic CC 7.0.1.
When I initially installed Fotomagico it loaded a legacy Lightroom catalogue from Lightroom 5 that I haven’t used for 18 months. At least this proves it can connect to Lightroom. Now that I’ve moved that legacy catalogue to another location it can’t find the current catalogue and there is no way to tell FM where to find it. I don’t even get any error message… just nothing.
I have had extensive correspondence with the Help Desk who tell me that the developers are looking at this.
Please, treat us like grown-ups Fotomagico and let us choose the Lightroom Catalogue location!

I updated to FM 5.5.3 , which claims that Support for Lightroom Classic CC Libraries ( currently at 7.1 Rel. ) is now fixed,
but I do not see this yet! FotoMagico is still broke !
When can we expect a resolution ?

Just upgraded from 4 to 5. FotoMagico 5 will not open my FotoMagico 4 movies. Really? What am I missing?

@GMattingly I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with FotoMagico 5. Can you please send the document that is not opening to support@boinx.com?

Thanks Oliver. I stupidly tried to open a standalone player rather than a FotoMagico native file.

…and am unable to locate those FM4 native files on my drive. What suffix should I search for?

@GMattingly FotoMagico files have a suffix of .fms

Hello,
I have Version 5.4, i can’t upgrade 5.5. I have Mac Os High Sierra version 10.13.3. Can you tell me where is the problem. Thanks

I haven´t used my FotoMagico in 12 months. Now I bring on bunch of pictures about
80 pieces. All pictures are locked. My license Key: ****
I have not upgrade anything in a Year.

@“Päivi Herttua” Thank you for using FotoMagico. I’m sorry that you experience problems with it. I have redacted your license key number from your post as this information should be kept private and is unlikely to be relevant to this.

Can you please send a screenshot of what you mean by “all pictures are locked”?

As a new FM user, this discussion is depressing and foreboding to say the least. I had no idea that FM was so buggy. I may have to reevaluate and consider running Pro Show Gold on my Mac.

How much is 5.5

how do you remove the writings that come under the photos?

@Otello Thank you for using FotoMagico. I’m not sure what you mean by “writings that come under the photos”. Could you please post a screenshot that shows those writings?

the ptoblema and that are seen only when I broadcast on television the sleid of the picture is presented under the photos the prola: “intro”
this is the first time that happens to me
P.S. There is no magic photo in Italian

in Italian language

@Otello Thank you for letting us know your concerns. Localising an application like FotoMagico is a lot of work and costs a lot of money, so the consideration for adding new languages is always whether we would sell so many more copies to make the investment back.

If there is a text layer in the slide show, you would see it in the Storyboard as a separate slide above the picture and you could simply select it and delete it.

If there is no text layer, the text is most likely added by the player. Are you using a DVD to play on the TV?