FotoMagico 3.8b2

The highlight of FotoMagico 3.8 are several completely new transitions (Blinds, Flash, Pixelate, Broken TV) and new options for some existing transitions (Fade, Flip). In addition, a number of under-the-hood improvements should result in better stability, performance and audio playback. Check out FotoMagico 3.8b2.

Oliver, this link didn’t work for me , I was able to update within FM, getting late here so will check out the updates tomorrow ,
Cheers
Ray

Hi Beth, thanks for pointing this out. I fixed the link.

After trying 3.8b2 I decided to go back to 3.7.6 , but I have retained the Blinds transition which is not in the list but seems to be by default when starting a new project, I cannot really test anything out as FM is now very very slow, I get the spinning beach ball at the slightest mouse click,

Cheers
Ray

I downloaded the latest 3.8 version but it crashed at install and relaunch and I could not open the software. Had to download the 3.7.6 version to be back in business.

“After trying 3.8b2 I decided to go back to 3.7.6 , but I have retained the Blinds transition which is not in the list but seems to be by default when starting a new project …”
Same with me! But speed is o.k.

I too had to go back to 3.7.6 but then “title” is not working so I saw there is a new release 3.8b3 dated 4/28 but I have same problem there. Crashed at install and can’t relaunch. So now it is back to 3.7.6 and hope the title gets fixed real soon.

Please try again with the recently released 3.8b4: http://www.boinx.com/fotomagico/beta/

Everything worked okay with 3.8b4 except that there was a noticeable glitch in the audio when ducking. Both when ducking started and also when it ended. Had to go back to 3.7.6

I tried the Beta version 3.8b4 and it worked perfectly. Now I’d like to know when the new transitions and effects will be updated into the Pro version 3.7.6. Mine says I have the latest one and there’s no update available. Is there a new 3.8 version? How comes that mine does not find it?

Criny,

FotoMagico 3.8 is waiting approval for the Mac App Store. We will release it as soon as this has been granted.

Best,

Oliver.

Hi Oliver , any update on 3.8 ?
thanks
Ray

How do I set the transition to cut on the transition at the front of the first frame ? How do I set the transition at the end of the last frame ? I want both of these to be a cut which takes no time. But I get error messages which claim that the duration of the first slide is too short and a transition requires .5 sec to itself.
Fotomagico badly needs import and export to xml files so that workflows can be set up for shows that would contain many sub shows.

You can only set a custom transition if you insert an empty slide, but you can’t change the very beginning or end, I’m afraid.