FM6B29 Cannot copy/ paste or click drag multiple layers

I have tried to move a slide with multiple layers and am unable to do so. I can select the layers (highlighted blue) but either click and drag or copy/ paste (paste greyed out) the multiple layers. This can only be done with one layer at a time. So two operation or two-layer slide.

I can confirm
I also find the fact that you have to select each layer one by one tiresome. Or is there a keyboard shortcut?

I tried this and copy/pasting and moving multiple layers DID work – but only a couple of times. And THEN the issue described above started to occur, and after that it would not work correctly.

I have just been playing and Marquee select all layers in a slide or a selection of layer in a slide then copy paste works. In fact any combination of marquee select works it is just the Cmd Click selection that will not copy paste. Cmd click highlights selected layers and copy is available but paste is always greyed out. Blue selection disappears as soon as you click somewhere else, So as selection has gone maybe the reason paste is greyed out

Hi, speacock110 – I tried this again, trying to follow what you wrote, and again it seems to work for me. I tried slides with a single layer, a single slide with multiple layers, and multiple slides with multiple layers. When I copy/paste slides I almost always select the slides with my mouse (either clicking on individual slides with the Shift key held down, or marqueeing what I want), then do a RIGHT CLICK to copy, then point to where I want to move them and do a RIGHT CLICK to paste. That seems to always work. I don’t use a Cmd-click combination. Trying THAT, though, I seemed to get a little trying to do what you did, not knowing EXACTLY how you did it. I guess I’m just missing something in the translation :frowning:

I have read through your reply and realised that you are using SHIFT Click and I am Using CMD Click. That is the difference. As CMD click selects layers I assumed that was the way to select layers to copy paste, but it does not work. So I just tried SHIFT click and it works as expected. So the fact that CMD click highlights (blue layer) layers is misleading unless it is for something I don’t know about. If it does nothing then highlighting should not happen. Thanks

Shift-click on the Mac has almost always been the de facto method of selecting multiple items. If more than one item is selected, Shift-clicking on one (or more) items will usually deselect that item without deselecting the others. Sometimes the Option key and sometimes the Command key are used to make multiple selections. I guess it depends on the author of the application and sticking to Apple’s GUI standards. You may have already known that – it’s just an FYI in case you didn’t :wink:

Most of the apps I have work the same as finder. CMD Click selects/de-selects individual non-contiguous items and SHIFT click selects the range from 1st clicked Item to Shift clicked last Shift Clicked item and all in between. I assumed Fotomagico would work that way as well. So if I wanted to select non-adjacent layers or slides I would use CMD click and to select more than one adjacent selection I would use Shift-click on the last item in the range. see https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1378/mac For apple explanation it is clearer than mine

1 Like

You are absolutely correct. I have used both shift and command click in FM5. And it selects the entire image rather than just one layer at a time.
Here I shift clicked the fifth image to obtain the range, then command-clicked to add the 7th but not the 6th.

Not sure how that compares with FM6b!

Shift-click and Command-click certainly work as expected in b31. However, unlike v5< if you click on an unstacked image you only get the top one not the entire set.
Share is now working, but YouTube still needs to be verified. Or perhaps Peter needs to wait until the production version?

It is selecting individual layers that I am concerned about, I have not considered the section of the whole slide yet. On various files I have tried I am unable the copy two out of three or more layers on a slide.
Screen recording showing CMD Click selecting but no paste.Screen Recording

ONE
CMD Click to select first layer
CMD Click to select second layer
Right Click select Copy
Right Click Paste Greyed out and selection is gone.

TWO
Click to select first layer
Shift Click to select second layer
Right Click select Copy
Right Click Paste layers pasted and Selection still highlighted on destination layers
THREE
Click to select first layer
CMD Click to select second layer
Right Click select Copy
Right Click Paste Greyed out and selection is gone.

Yes, this is messed up and not consistently methodical. I tried what you did and it worked the same way. Then I tried the following:

ONE
Click to select a layer
Cmd-Click to select a NON-CONTIGUOUS second layer
Right click to Copy
Unable to paste

TWO
Drag to MARQUEE a layer
Cmd-Click to select a NON-CONTIGUOUS second layer
Right click to Copy
Unable to Paste

THREE
Drag to MARQUE a layer
Cmd-Click AND DRAG TO MARQUEE to select a NON-CONTIGUOUS second layer
Click on either of the selected layers and DRAG to place as a new slide.

That is obviously NOT a Copy and Paste as your original observation, but it’s not working the same way, even though the same layers are being selected. It’s also not possible to copy and paste ON TOP of a layer anymore.

I have also tried the Marquee method and it works somewhat. I also want to copy and paste layer(s) from one slide onto others especially text layers that i have customised. Then all i need to change is the text ie for a Title or Lower/Upper thirds as i do in video editing.

Oh, yeah – this isn’t working correctly, either. I just tried that, too (somehow I managed to miss that in testing all these weeks!). I’m ALWAYS copying one text layer (along with a background “treatment” that I created in Photoshop that I use when a slide displays text) from one slide to another (at least in FM 5.x I was!!!). But when I try that in the beta, it replaces the image layer (whether the image is selected or not), or somehow places it on a new layer on the slide before the one I place the text on.

I think this is tied in with the old “Place on Top” feature that has disappeared in the beta. I’ve already sent that issue to Peter in a bug report yesterday.