FM 4.1 Show hangs at one certain slide

What could be causing this? It is NOT the Slide “Continue” setting, which already is set to “Duration”.

The hanging slide occurs in a 359MB/13-minute/1080p show with 129 JPEG files being run on a Mac Pro with 20GB of memory under Lion 10.7.5. The transition hang occurs at about 05:02:0 into the show – the music keeps playing but the images just stop at the end of the slight rotation and zoom for this file.

Could this be a virtual memory problem? According to Activity Monitor, FM is using 168MB of Real Memory and 254MB of Virtual Memory. I have noticed no pattern, but occasionally, the transition actually works (though not often). Also, this doesn’t appear to be caused by something like Time Machine running in the background, though I typically may have Lightroom running at the same time.

The only file anomaly I can see is this: An inspection of the show’s Package Contents reveals the sequential file name of the problem file is:

SS PIC 2012b 1920x1080-065.jpg

In the Finder, when the Package’s Images List is sorted by name, the files are listed like this:
SS PIC 2012b 1920x1080-063.jpg

As you can see, a sequential file named “SS PIC 2012b 1920x1080-064.jpg” is missing, probably the result of some redundant image being deleted from the show at some point.

At one point, I did have the show organized by Chapters. I decided to tear it apart and move around the chapter order. Later, I recall encountering some other confusing show organization problems (don’t recall what), but they all seemed to have been resolved simply by deleting all the Chapters after doing the re-organizing. For this reason, I know longer trust the Chapters tool.

If these thoughts don’t lead to a solution, could deleting the problem image, saving the show (or Save As), and then re-importing and re-inserting the same image back into the show with new transition settings resolve this? Any other ideas?

Clarification (my description in paragraph six should have read)…

In the Finder, when the Package’s Images List is sorted by name, the files are listed like this:
SS PIC 2012b 1920x1080-063.jpg
SS PIC 2012b 1920x1080-066.jpg

While file -064 is missing, the hang actually occurs between file -065 and -066, so I don’t see how the file naming could be the issue…

I think the hang isn’t depending on you filesystem. It sounds more like a timing issue. Here are some technical background information: The slideshow is uploading the next upcoming image to the graphics card while it displays and animates the current one. If FotoMagico isn’t able to upload the next image just in time it keeps uploading the image and keeps the animation going for the current slide to a certain point. Once this point is reached, it stops the slideshow waiting for the upload of the image to complete while the audio is playing, so the audience isn’t disturbed by audio dropouts. In your case I think the problem may be, that the image for some reason don’t gets uploaded and so the slideshow stops waiting for it for ever. Here are some questions for you:

• Is the upcoming slide in some way different that the others? (size, file format, timing, transition?)
  • Are you able to advance to the next slide after the upcoming one (by hitting the right arrow key on the keyboard) and jump over the hanging one?
  • Is there any suspicious output in the Console log while this hang happens? If so, what does it say?