Feature Request - Support for Elgato Stream Deck USB Switcher

@chrisis We just learned that the Elgato StreamDeck can already be used with mimoLive if you assign hotkeys to the buttons. It is not as flexible and interactive as the Remote Control Surface, but it has tactile feedback.

@“Oliver (Boinx)” I’m aware of its use with hotkeys - see my reply to Blackjack, above.

The problem is the hotkey solution is more of a hack. The deck is not aware of whether a layer is live or not.

@chrisis Hey there! I extensively use Keyboard Maestro with custom made OSC remote controllers (designed using Hexag OSC Editor, running on the iPad using TouchOSC and connected to the iMac using OSCulator via wifi). Just guessing: would Keyboard Maestro be able to connect to StreamDeck? If so, you could use variables within Keyboard Maestro to store a layer’s live state. Cheers

has any other progress been made for Streamdeck? only asking because its been a few months and i already have it, so i would love to see it get more support

@“Oliver (Boinx)”

It looks like StreamDeck 4.0 is out and there is an SDK. I’ll happily switch over from OBS when MimoLive supports StreamDeck.

https://gaming.help.elgato.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2965624-elgato-stream-deck-sdk-–-use-software-version-4-0-and-above

I think you 'll find the Companion software a much better place to integrate the Stream deck. Companion App for Stream Deck

I’m indifferent to the approach… I would just like to see streamdeck support for MimoLive… I’ll push for this to be our company standard if this happens.

@“Dr.Woo” It’s good to hear that you like mimoLive in principle. Currently, I know of some customers using the Stream Deck with mimoLive. Those customers use the Elgato apps to put meaningful graphics onto the keys and assign the keys as keyboard shortcuts to the mimoLive layers they like to control.

Have you tried the Remote Control Surface? It is much more powerful, more flexible and provides even better visual feedback than the Stream Deck keys. We’ve even recently added the ability to display the program out on the Remote Control surface which you can use on any iPad or Android tablet (or even a boring old PC).

We definitely have plans to add more control options such as keypads like the Stream Deck or xKeys to mimoLive in the future, but I can’t give you an ETA. This requires substantial internal changes to how the layer stack is currently operated, so it will take a while.

A direct integration here for the Stream Deck would be AMAZING. Mine arrives tomorrow and I’m a huge fan of MimoLive.

@alexkingcreative Thank you for the kind words on mimoLive. Direct support is not on the immediate horizon, but you should be able to use it. Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Pushing for StreamDeck Support!! OBS is just too glitchy. I think this would be a worthwhile investment by offering StreamDeck integration.

@Dr.Woo Thanks for your feedback. It is on our agenda. The introduction of Layer Sets in mimoLive 4.8b1 is a first step to introducing an abstraction for controlling mimoLive which we can leverage to support any number of input methods.

Any news on MimoLive supporting the Elgato Stream Deck Mini or XL?

Yes, Stream Deck support would be great! Any news on the current status?

Is this still on the roadmap and if so any idea on timing? As many have said integration into the Stream Deck would help tremendously!

Hi @Daniel_Seehof

While full integration would be great, I’ve published a short HOWTO for how to recall mimoLive Layer Sets over here:

Hi @wibbly,

I saw your post on this and am actually using your workaround until we hear back on full integration. Thanks for sharing this!

The Mimo integration in Stream Deck works great except for one thing… I can’t seem to able to setup hotkeys to switch cameras in a video switcher. There is even an option to copy the API endpoint of the different cameras of the switcher but it’s just not working.

Is there a way to do this that I’m not aware of? If not is it an option that will be coming in the future?

Is this using Companion, or the plugin for Elgato’s software?

This is using the plugin for Elgato’s software.