Feature Request: Midi Mapping

It would open up a huge range of controller options if we could map midi channels to MimoLive controls.

In particular, I’d like to be able to map and control things like volume level by attaching them to physical faders on my midi devices. Having tactile buttons, dials, and faders would be a big improvement and allow multiple operators to work on a mix at the same time.

@Oliver_Breidenbach is there a problem why this isn’t a thing yet? I just got an akai pro mpd218 why cant I use that to control mimolive instead of my keyboard. The remote app is great but faders and nobs are greater. Why not though? LICENSE?

@203 it was in previous versions with the novation controllers. Achim mentioned in another thread he was going to look into adding the novation functionality back in at least. they’ve now added x-keys which helps. also probably waiting for people to request it as well. I think there is some mapping utilities out there you could possibly do this independently of ML. I’ve personally just set shortcut keys in ML and have used those but having midi controller access would be nice too.

X-Keys is OK, as is Novation, but Midi, or OSC I suppose, would open the possibilities up to many many more custom control opportunities. I know I’ve got about a dozen different midi controllers that have knobs, faders, user-defined button colors, etc. Perhaps MimoLIve could take a look at Resolume for inspiration in this area.

@Troy oh absolutely. I could see a good midi controller like that being of great use to those running live productions or trying to replace or upgrade legacy systems.

MQTT protocols is also very help for many programming are also very easy I using that in my many embedded programming assignment help.

Another vote for MIDI …

Farrago (sound board from Rogue Amoeba) does a great job with this.

They have a small button that appears at the bottom of the ‘Inspector’:

When you press that button it changes to ‘Learning’:

And then send it a MIDI signal and it turns that into a trigger:

Very simple, incredibly useful … I have a set of Korg pads that map straight into firing sounds.

I would LOVE the same for layers, etc!

(Also, is there any reason why can’t we have an ‘Off on Show Start’ layer trigger? … I have some layers that are used in pre-show, but they have to be manually turned off when the show ‘starts’ … )

Thanks
Wibbly