Feature Request : Media File Layer with control

Hi,

While we’re playing a media file using such as a video clip.
Would be great if we could be able to pause play or even drag the slider to jump to the specific frame as well as lower itself audio level.

Regards,
/Saba

1 Like

Hello, this request still pending … thanks

any update on this? frustratingly and definitely need the slider fast forward/rewind while playing a livestream video. we have a livestream event wherein our hosts via mimocall are commentators asks to pause, fastforward or rewind a video to comment or do voice overs while the video is playing. @Oliver_Boinx

Although you can’t see it yet, there has been progress in the last 3 years. A video source now has all the necessary functionality. We have still to come up with a user interface that’s usable, though.

A workaround would be to use screen capture and play the video in QuickTime Player. (Sound via Loopback)

A video source now has all the necessary functionality.

Functionality meaning play/pause and skip next/previous buttons? Really need that slider too that can be dragged into a specific time frame.

We have still to come up with a user interface that’s usable, though.

Why not just do the same similar interface control buttons of quicktime, vlc or youtube media player? A slider time frame can really be useful.

A workaround would be to use screen capture and play the video in QuickTime Player. (Sound via Loopback)

Yeah, i figured this is the way to go. But hopefully it can be integrated with mimolive. no need to purchase extra software like Loopback, although i love loopback as it is a very handy tool as well for live streaming audio from different applications within the mac.

Thank you @Oliver_Boinx for reading us, your users our feedback here in the forums. That’s uncommon for a CEO. Really, we here in our small studio love mimolive. This is great that you are reading and replying to our comments and suggestions.

1 Like

Yes, sorry, I should have said that the necessary functionality is ready under the hood. It doesn’t have a User Interface yet.

We have still to come up with a user interface that’s usable, though.

Why not just do the same similar interface control buttons of quicktime, vlc or youtube media player? A slider time frame can really be useful.

Yes. The problem is how do you cope with very long videos and the fact that you don’t want to go hunting for the controls in the layer stack?

Thank you @Oliver_Boinx for reading us, your users our feedback here in the forums. That’s uncommon for a CEO. Really, we here in our small studio love mimolive. This is great that you are reading and replying to our comments and suggestions.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

Hmm… good point. but i’m sure we users can cope up with it as long as it’s in there :). although i can see a lot would probably have feedback regarding the UI that it might be too small or when dragging the slider for long videos would be cumbersome.
How about you do the slider similar to the ring cam app interface? it’s smooth and as u can see it fits well on a tiny window such as an iphone UI that has a really small screen real estate similar to a layer stack in mimolive which is also a tiny window itself.

Compare that to a standard Line-Dot slider i think ring’s implementation is more user friendly where you don’t have to exactly click on the Dot to move to a certain timeline but instead, you just click and drag left-right anywhere on the slider bar to go to a specific timeline.

1 Like

Please please please give us scrubbing controls! Right now, if I have to rewind or fast forward on a video, I have to trim it to the specific point and take it off live and then deactivate it. I don’t see why having a simple play bar that allows you to scrub wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

Hi @Scottw Thanks for voting for this feature request. We have it pretty high on our list.

3 Likes

Can’t wait to beta test it :wink::crazy_face:

1 Like

Just showing some love for this feature request. I know its on you list! :slight_smile: Media player controls incl ideally scrubbing will be awesome (esp when via Remote Control action buttons and sliders).

is it available now even in beta?

It’s not yet available. A workaround is to use a video player externally and capture the video via Screencapture Source and audio via Loopback or Blackhole. Another option is to use an iPad or external laptop for viewing the video and capture it via HDMI.

Adding my +1 please !

mimoLive 6,4b8 has improved media comtrol. Please check it out and give us feedback! mimoLive 6.4b9 | mimoLive®

Yeah, i figured this is the way to go. But hopefully it can be integrated with mimolive. no need to purchase extra software like Loopback, although i love loopback as it is a very handy tool as well for live streaming audio from different applications within the mac.

This is a great start. However while the playback buttons work for me, scrubbing doesn’t.

Hi @Keith_4914 Thanks for giving it a try and reporting back!

I’ve verified this bug and we will fix it hopefully soon.

I have to trim it to the specific point and take it off live and then deactivate it. I don’t see why having a simple play bar that allows you to scrub wouldn’t work.

Another option is to use an iPad or external laptop for viewing the video and capture it via HDMI..