Feature request: layer "playlist of layers"

Often there is a need to play a successive combination of layers.

For example “Start Show”: the starting video, with the output to the main camera + titles + sound jingle + news crawl

OR “Show end”: finishing video + scrolling credits + news crawl + breaking news

Would be an interesting implementation: a layer is created - where from the drop-down lists it was possible to compose a playlist of existing layer variants with the ability to select “simultaneously”, “sequentially”, with a “delay in sec”

This will give you the ability to create prepared sets of advertising, referrals to rubrics, and similar opportunities

Thanks for your feature suggestion!

I second this request, though I view it functioning more as a “folder” or layers that are nested into a group. The folder/parent could be triggered by its own live button, and all of its contents are triggered simultaneously or in sequenced based on a delay time set respectively for each layer that’s relative to the group’s live button trigger. This would be a BIG feature, IMO.

I’ll third it :slight_smile:

I actually have a ‘live’ program, where it is a bunch of pre-recorded segments, but we run the transition bumpers, lower thirds, show open, logo bug, date/time, underscore music, closing sequence, etc… live.

If that could all be automated, and just run by pressing a button, that would be very useful… and actually remove human error.

There are professional news systems that actually do a similar thing. You plug in all the elements, and the computer becomes the TD for the show

Why hasn’t this been considered a core part of the design by now? MimoLive is a love / hate relationship right now. Lots of greatness, but a few glaring issues prevent it from being a pro app to me.

If you serious about video and TV production (I’m 30+ years in) there is a real need to group backgrounds, 2 shots, titles, crawls and other elements.

I REALLY want ML to be my main app - but the layer switching is primitive at best. Switcher software should give you the ability to key command a layer or layer group while turning others off.

Unless I am missing something, I cant assign a key command to switch between two sources. Each button would only toggle the layer on or off without hiding a potentially higher layer.

Please make this software more useable and functional. Assigning the same key command to multiple layers does not switch on/off at the same time. There’s an obvious delay in some layers.

Hoping for greater things!

up, any news?

We are hearing you: This feature is on the top list! Thanks for your patience!

Looking forward to this!

If the layer stack is like a video switcher bus, then a nested group of layers would be like a Mix/Effects bus. The ability to work with, and transition between, multiple M/E busses is a core functionality of high-end video switchers.

A group of layers could be called a “scene” in mimoLive; and if scenes also had the ability to sequence and delay the playback of its layers, then both the OP’s needs and JeffInHighDef’s request would be fulfilled.

This would be very helpful

hi, any news?