feature Request:add RTMP source and Live Delay

Please,I think mimoLive is Great!
But I don`t know why mimoLive no have this function

1、add RTMP/HLS source,some times i need use RTMP/HLS address input my LIVE and do some FX,subtitle ,Like OBS add file(from Network address)

2、in China,When i live BIG Events ,we must do some delay.some times we must delay 10mins or more,I hope mimoLive can do it.

Thanks

@科技小白堂 Thank you for using mimoLive and for letting us know of your requirements.

Please,I think mimoLive is Great!

Thank you very much! We are happy to hear that.

But I don`t know why mimoLive no have this function

Developing software is not as easy as you might think from looking at the result. Specifically, RTMP is very tricky and we’re happy to have it at least working as an output.

1、add RTMP/HLS source,some times i need use RTMP/HLS address input my LIVE and do some FX,subtitle ,Like OBS add file(from Network address)

Is there really no other way to send the signal from your primary system to mimoLive? RTMP has several disadvantages, for example, you would encode the signal twice (once in your primary system and then again in mimoLive) which will result in severely reduced video quality. RTMP is also usually delayed quite a bit and the connection is not stable.

2、in China,When i live BIG Events ,we must do some delay.some times we must delay 10mins or more,I hope mimoLive can do it.

This is a very good point and we were not aware of that before. However, delaying the signal for such a long time is currently impractical as it would require vast amounts of RAM. mimoLive can delay video for a couple of seconds, for example to synchronise different video sources.

We will be looking into this. What is the maximum time you would have to delay? Should this be done up front (in the sources) or after editing (you would see the signal immediately but it would be sent out 10 min later).

Thank you @“Oliver (Boinx)” !Thank you for responding to my message one by one.

I understand that developing a piece of software can be a very complicated system event and thank you all for your hard work and work, so I think mimolive should be respected!

reply:
1、I’ll call Problem 1 RTMP broadcast for a moment, sometimes to export one stream to another stream address that can be broadcast externally, before I do something else. I have previously tried to play an RTMP address from the player, such as IINA, but I can not capture the sound using window capture mode. So I encountered such a problem, I can only be forced back to OBS. This is what I do not want to see. Still hope to be able to do more work on mimolive.

2、Now I need to go to the OBS when I need to complete the delayed live broadcast. OBS allows users to delay 999 seconds for RTMP, certainly not that much. However, 30 minutes are still necessary (for example, China’s public security department will demand a sufficient market delay in the live broadcast of large-scale events so that there are enough sufferers to respond to emergencies when there is an accident). If it is 30 minutes, then the memory requirements should be fine.

1.) Do I understand correctly, that you want to have two streams, one “clean” and one with graphics? This can be achieved by using 2 mimoLive documents and the Syphon sender and receiver. You can place the Syphon Sender layer in the Layer Stack of the first document just below the graphics. In a second mimoLive document, use a Syphon source to capture that and directly play it out. Since Syphon doesn’t add delay, you can use the sound for both outputs.

2.) I’ve put this on our feature list. The problem is that the RAM required is depending on the stream settings. Users can set a 30Mbps stream which would result in 7GB or RAM needed for the delay buffer. Also, if mimoLive crashes (which is more likely when it would be using more memory than the system provides), those 30 minutes would be lost. So the challenge for the engineering team is proper handling of low memory conditions and disaster recovery.

@“Oliver (Boinx)”
1、Yes,But this “Clean” stream is an external RTMP address. such as,
In OBS, I can directly use “http://acm.gg/jade.m3u8” as a media source and then add camera images, subtitles, special effects, etc. to this media source. However, this media source I only address, not through HDMI, SDI cable transmission.
in OBS add Network Media Source

2、In fact, 10-15 minutes can be delayed basically enough. These times are enough to deal with emergencies. But OBS also faces the problem of delayed video content being lost in the event of a software crash. Is it possible to give the user a reminder of the cost of using this feature? But this will save a lot of money over using hardware-type delays.