Earth animation

Where can I find the earth animation in the demo. 46 seconds in with the red line toward Cusco Peru?

Where can I find the earth animation in the demo. 46 seconds in with the red line toward Cusco Peru

If you look at the demo and examine that slide, you’ll see it’s NOT an animation (i.e., NOT A MOVIE) of the Earth, per se – it’s just a static image of earth with a view toward South America, sun behind, stars in the background. The “animation” was created by ROTATING the image a few degrees from within FotoMagico itself. I’m assuming you want to duplicate the concept.

You either need to find an application that can do that for you, or possibly grab an image off the web (try Googling “earth images from space” and enhancing the search by narrowing down where it is you want to view. I do see a possible problem in doing that, though – the images on the web may not be high enough resolution for your slide show.

The guys at Boinx may want to pop in here and offer their assistance. Maybe they have a better source for those types of “space shots” and are willing to let the rest of us know.