Compatibility #1

Hey Mimo-World. Wondering if Mimo can allow a dynamic POWERPOINT presentation to be a layer. That way I could build an animated presentation that could be inserted, keyed or wiped into a project.

Hey Mimo-World. Wondering if Mimo can allow a dynamic POWERPOINT presentation to be a layer. That way I could build an animated presentation that could be inserted, keyed or wiped into a project.

anyone have anything here?

@lorcott We would love to be able to simply add a PowerPoint layer but PP is a proprietary format and Microsoft does not offer an embeddable player.

You can use the Screen or Window Capture source to capture the PowerPoint.

However, if you’re trying to record presentations, it is better to capture the presenter’s laptop output with a device such as the Magewell Pro Convert or an HDMI grabber. This way, the presenter is the one controlling the presentation and you don’t have to follow along. We’ve used this method here: https://boinx.com/blog/post/recording-presentations-professionally-with-mimolive-code-beam-lite-munich/

I was going to use the powerpoint layer for its animation capabilities. thx.

@lorcott In that case you could use the Window Capture source. However, PowerPoint presentations will not be transparent, so if you want to use them for overlay, you will have to define a color for background that you can key out using a chroma key filter.

In our middle school studio, the kids plug their laptops into the Magewell USB HDMI grabber, into the iMac with Mimo Live and it’s fine.
Works well to have students control their displays with their own laptops/software, rather than try to import graphics or slides into the iMac/MimoLive interface.