Clock on mimoRemote?

I would like to have a button on the remote that displays the time, but which doesn’t necessarily have any other function. Is that possible?

Thanks.

Ben

1 Like

You could set up a clock as a source and have it displayed as a feed on the remote surface. However for the resources it would use up you would probably just be better have a small stand alone clock.

Maybe @Achim_Boinx could add a Button which displays the time of the Clock-Layer on the Surface. This could be much more resource saving.

As a workaround, you could let a stopwatch layer count up. It’s not a clock, but it’d show you the duration. Make the font transparent. Also all other settings, to make it invisible. Or place it below the background.

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request! The Date And Time layer will have a custom Remote Control Surface representation which shows the date&time text as on the screen in the upcoming update 5.10.1.

@undercrank If you don’t want to have the date in the video production, you should move the displayed text off screen or make the text color transparent. However the layer needs to be live to show the clock on the Remote Control Surface.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I’ve been managing fine with a small pocketwatch nearby, but if there’s room on a remote surface for this it’d be a nice add.

Hi @Achim_Boinx
I’d like to use some date/time information on the Remote Control Surface.
Unfortunately I can’t find it (using 6.2b3) - may you please point me so I can find this custom representation?
Many thanks in advance.

1 Like

@Andy-R First you need to add the “Date & Time” layer ( Date and Time - mimoLive - 5 ) to your layer stack and make it live (if you don’t want to see it in your program out, you can move it all the way to the bottom of your layer stack). Now open the remote control surface for mimoLive in the browser ( Remote Control Surfaces - mimoLive - 5 ) . Create a new surface or open an existing one. Switch to “Edit” mode for the surface. Click on “Add Button” in the upper left corner. A list of options will show up on the left side. Find your Date & Time layer and click on it. Now you should see some predefined button layout for this layer. Drag the “Date & Time” layout to your surface. You can remove the “Live” button from the surface if you don’t want to be able to switch it on or off.

Does this work for you?

1 Like

Many thanks, works perfect!

Just tried this. I don’t see the middle option. (running v5.9)