Can I play the Fotomagic Slideshow on a Windows System?

Let me explain - I am a professional wedding photographer - I have Fotomagic 4 and love it - by far the best slideshow software that I have used. I have a imac and as part of my service to my clients I prepare them a slideshow to showcase the best images of their wedding. Clients are always blown away with the slideshow and more often than not ask for a copy. Since the slideshow is too big to put on a DVD without reducing the quality I thought the best solution was to buy a portable hard drive say 500gb and download the slideshow onto the portable hard drive. Would this work? If I am using a mac and my client has a Windows system would the slideshow play? This seems to be the biggest problem - if this wouldn’t work has anybody a suggested solution? Thanks.

Hi Ray,
since every modern Windows PC can play MPEG4 videos, I’d suggest creating a Custom Video Export with the settings you find in the screenshots attached.

This should play fine on Windows Media Player in Full HD resolution.
If you want to be 100% sure, I’d download the Windows version of the VLC Media Player Portable Edition (http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable) to the harddrive you’ll be carrying to your client. So in case they don’t have WMP for some reason you have a backup.

Please note that a Mac OS X formatted Harddrive (HFS+) will not be recognized on a Windows Computer. Make sure the drive is formatted with the FAT32 file system.

I too am a wedding photographer and have just changed from using a PC to a Mac. I used to use Proshow Gold for making my Slideshow for Clients and export onto a DVD.
I have found over this last year less and less people have dvd drives on laptops so I now give out my work on USB sticks.
Can you save a slideshow from FotoMagico onto a USB? And will it work on all platforms?
(i’m pretty useless with all of this techie stuff, so explaining things in idiot terms to me may be good)!!!

Thanks

Bastian - with reference to your answer above…
Firstly, where are the screenshots of the settings??

I frequently enter Audio-Visual competitions with sequences made using Fotomagico because I am a dedicated Mac user.
Unfortunately, to date, I have been able to rely on the competition having a Mac computer to play them. Will the settings I hope to see in your screenshots enable me to create an mpg4 that will play on any Windows computer???

Bastian you said, on March 14 “I’d suggest creating a Custom Video Export with the settings you find in the screenshots attached.”
I don’t see the attached screenshots. Could you please repost or send a link to this information?
Thank You Sir

ditto, the screenshots of Custom Video Export please

“I’d suggest creating a Custom Video Export with the settings you find in the screenshots attached.”
Bastian -
with reference to your answer above…
PLEASE Post the screenshots of Custom Video Export please

Hi!
It’s now 2016, and the above comments from 2014 are still the last on the issue of Fotomagico on windows computers. Isn’t it about time to update this? I have the same problem as the writers above and really would like to know what to do.
Fish