Blackmagic Design output destination

I need to bring the mimoLive program output to an ATEM Mini. I’m currently using Fullscreen output destination in mimoLive and a USB-C to HDMI adapter to connect my MBP with the ATEM Mini. Everything is working well, but I guess the output is still processed by macOS (in terms of colors). Moreover, I don’t know how much processing power that fullscreen output is requiring.

Are there any pros in including a DeckLink Mini Monitor in my workflow? Is the Blackmagic Design output feature working well? Does it use the CPU to send the signal to the Blackmagic devices?

1 Like

Perhaps an external GPU will do better? I have a external GPU from sonnettech.com connected to my Mac mini and over the external GPU I have connected an Atem mini and additional control monitors which are feed by mimoLive. Works all without any problems.

1 Like

go with the Blackmagic output, it works great regardlessly of what BM device you will use!

2 Likes

Hi @Gabriele_LS The Deckling Mini Monitor will of course work, but I don’t see an advantage apart from saving video RAM and freeing up the port for attaching another monitor. Is there a specific problem you need to solve?

1 Like

Hi @Oliver_Boinx! I want to reduce resource utilization (RAM, GPU, CPU), prevent any color issue (ICC profiles applied to the output), be sure no elements of the macOS GUI will ever appear in the output (mouse pointer, menu bar, screen saver, etc.). Would the DeckLink Mini Monitor help me achieve that?

2 Likes