Audio problems since updating to Version 5.11

Hi All,

Since I updated Mimo Live to latest version my audio is cracking during live transmissions. My audio input is through a USB. My mixer is the Rode Caster. I never had this issue before. Any suggestion?

I’ve had that issue in the past with a different XLR to USB interface device. For me, it was a simply powering down then powering up that device fixed it. For me anyway, it was not related to the mimoLive version

I remember had some crack and pop’s before.
@Oliver_Boinx adviced me to use loopback to redirect the signal and all issues gone

Hi @ingenuityaruba I’m sorry about this issue. We know what is going wrong, but don’t know yet how to fix it. A workaround is to run the audio through Loopback (available from Rogue Amoeba). It is related to timing issues with USB and the T2 chip and Loopback provides a clean timing. We’re working on fixing this issue but don’t know how soon we can fix it. You can try @Kebbel’s suggestion which may work because this resets the USB driver. I know Loopback is sort of an expensive workaround, but it is a tool that anyone doing live streams, webinars or similar should have anyways.

Thank you so much for the feedback. is this the site? https://loopback.io.

Just install and follow instructions?

Thank you so much Oliver, Ok I will check it out. I thought it was a wire issue, so I changed them but still have the issue so I push the audio buffer in preferences to 512. but still issues. My RodeCaster uses a USB-C output so I use a USB-A Cable with USB-C Connector to a usb power booster send to thew Mac. So I think the best way will be Loopback right? Just install and follow instructions? In my Mimolive I need to use as source input the loopback program?

You have to create a virtual device with your USB device, name it, and then, Mimolive will recognize it like a valid audio source

You can get Loopback here: Rogue Amoeba | Loopback: Cable-Free Audio Routing

The loopback.io site is for a node.js framework that is used for building web apps.