Audio Issue with Universal Audio Device (and other USB types)

Hey folks, we have a larger production where we are mixing audio outside of Mimo using multiple sources for bands and podcast style interaction. We’ve had this issue since last summer, but have not been able to resolve the problem. The audio is a crackle sound that happens intermittently throughout our live streams. I can track down an audio example, but I’ve been in touch with Mimo support. They’ve said using something like Loopback should resolve the issue (they’ve confirmed it is an issue with USB style audio interface devices) but we still can’t resolve the problem. Has anyone had this problem and had any success with being able to resolve it?

Thanks!

Giving this one a bump!

Hi @josh1 Thanks for the bump!

This issue is a tough one which we’ve been working on for a while.

A quick workaround is to use Loopback and create a virtual device using the audio interface as a source, then use the virtual device in mimoLive.

Sorry about the inconvenience. I know Loopback is an investment, but it’s a tool that every live producer should have anyways (along with Audio Hijack, also by Rogue Amoeba) as there are so many usage cases.