Are Mov files still a problem?

Hello. It has been a while since I used Fotomagico. Not because I don’t still love it, I just haven’t needed to produce anything since I retired.

Anyway, I seem to remember having a problem with Mov files I created on my iMac. I think someone at Fotomagico contacted me with a solution, but I can’t find the email. Is it still not possible to you Mov files in shows? Seems like the recommendation was to convert them, but I don’t know what software.

Thanks so much.

It depends on the Codec. If you use regular H.264 MOV files Fotomagico plays them well.
As I can remember Apple changed the nativ support of some older Codecs a few years ago, so these need to be converted. Everything that plays in Quicktime Player X should also play in FM.

A MOV file is a simple multimedia container file format developed by Apple and compatible with both Macintosh and Windows platforms. It contains various tracks that store several types of media data and is frequently used for saving movies and other video files.

Thank you. I was somewhat aware of what a Mov file is. If I recall, the problem I was having was that my slideshow contained old Mov files that Fotomagico couldn’t handle because they were created before Apple changed their format. I was told what software to use to convert these old Mov files to files that Fotomagico liked, but I lost that email from Boinx. I was hoping someone would help me with that.

I would suggest handbreak for converting mov files to H264. It’s fast and free.

Thank you so much! I appreciate you.

i am having same question…
but thank you for this

official site

i am thankful for this info!