App Won't Open - Color Wheel and Crash

I haven’t used Mimo since the summer. I’m on an Intel Mac Pro 2019 running Ventura 13.1. I tried to open Mimo today and it gave me a color wheel of death and then crashed. Then I upgraded to 6.5 and the same thing happened. I think the crash reports were sent to Boinx automatically. I didn’t copy them.

Do I need to upgrade to Sonoma for the app to work? It was working perfectly this past summer and I didn’t change anything on my computer.

Thank you!

Hi @U2GT Thanks for sending the crash logs. They indicate, that the issue has to do something with the cameras used in your computer, specifically with the Continuity Camera that lets you use your iPhone as a camera.

Here are some things you can try:

• Update MacOS to 13.6.1 (13.6.2 seems to be limited to certain Mac models) and try mimoLive 6.5 again. There is a good chance that Apple has fixed this issue as we haven’t seen it before.
  • If it’s not the Continuity Camera, it could be an older virtual camera plugin installed in /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL Try to remove all those and launch mimoLive again.
  • It might also help to plug in a USB camera so that the default camera is that USB camera.
  • Interestingly, we also had unexplicable crashes in the past (although not with Ventura/mimoLive 6) when there was a certain Audio plugin installed in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ so you could also try to remove these.

Thank you for your cooperation and please let me know if any of that helps.

You can also try to delete the mimoLive Prefs file located at ~/Library/Preferences/com.boinx.mimoLive.plist

This might reset the default camera setting.