API: Trouble Switching Cameras

mimoLive API + Bitfocus Companion: Trouble Switching Cameras

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to use Bitfocus Companion to control camera switching in mimoLive via the HTTP API, but I’m stuck. I can successfully send some API commands (like toggling a layer on and off), but I can’t seem to get the camera switching to work.

My Setup:

• mimoLive Version: Version 6.8.1 (30344)
  • Video Switcher Layer: I’m using a standard Video Switcher layer with multiple camera sources.

What I’ve Tried:

• HTTP Method: GET (as suggested in the mimoLive documentation for simple requests)
  • Encoded URLs: I’ve carefully constructed the URLs according to mimoLive’s documentation, including URL-encoding the JSON data for the update parameter.

Example URL (for switching to Camera 2):

http://10.10.255.68:8989/api/v1/documents/399723184/layers/683B705D-1A7B-4634-A3CB-EA1EDC40BE52?update=%7B%22inputValues%22%3A%7B%22tvGroup_Hidden_Inputs__currentLiveSource%22%3A2%7D%7D 

Problem:

The camera switch command doesn’t seem to have any effect in mimoLive. There are no errors reported in Bitfocus Companion, and in the browser, I seem to get the layer attributes returned with no changes.

Question:

What am I missing? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @David_Marshall, There might be an easy solution to this: Right-Click on the “Cut x” button in the Control section of the Video Switcher layer and “Copy URL to Trigger Button”.

Does that work?

Best regards,

Oliver.