Anyone found Mac drivers for this unit? Acasis 4 channel hdmi external

Acasis 4 Channel HDMI external Thunderbolt 3 video capture card

This box runs on windows only, I thought it might be a good compact solution but I can’t get it running and I guess I need drivers. Does anyone have ideas or how easy it may be to develop drivers?

i can see the thunderbolt hardware in system report but obviously it doesn’t show up in mimolive at all.

I would be happy to pay something. I have the windows exe but I don’t have a windows PC and I would like to stay on Mac with mimolive.

here is a link to the unit example on aliexpress - they also do an sdi version and claim to be able to chain to get 8 inputs.

Regards

Pete

It’s near impossible to develop drivers if you’re not the vendor with access to the source code of the firmware or at least comprehensive specs and documentation.

@YourFixTV_info
Hi! Do you still have your Acasis 4 Channel HDMI External TB3 Video capture with you?
There is a mac OS driver that I’d like you to test if it will work on your device.

Yes I do and would love to test your driver.

Regards

Pete

A little back story:
I bought the same device (AC-TP4HD) and filed for a return after learning it was just for Windows.
Before I shipped it back, I found another of their capture device that supports Mac OS, bought it and they gave me a driver even before the new device arrived.
I tried installing the driver to see if it would work on AC-TP4HD, but it did not… the procedure for the driver installation requires disabling some security settings from MacOS

When the new device (TV004) arrived, I also couldn’t make it work right away on my M2 Air, the steps from their installation instruction lacked some steps I wish I had known while I still had the other device on hand.
It’s hard to communicate with the Chinese seller, they cannot provide the Windows driver for the AC-TV004. But to my surprise, the AC-TV004 works on Windows using the same driver for AC-TP4HD.
That is why I’m curious if the AC-TV004 Mac driver will also work for AC-TP4HD.

The mac driver for AC-TV004 and their instructions can be downloaded from their website CAPTURE CARD DRIVERS – ACASIS Electronics
There should be some settings to allow system extensions and clicking the OPEN ANYWAY button from Security and Privacy settings before the device starts working which I didn’t know before.

I’ll try to reply here if you have other questions
I am eager to know if it will work, :slight_smile: I might buy the AC-TP4HD again