Alpha Channel in Mimolive layout not what it is in preview

Hi @christian.boenisch We were able to fix this by setting the background in AE to “Black” instead of the grey in the project and use the Render Queue to render to ProRes 4444 with premultiplied alpha.

Please let me know if you can reproduce it.

Hi @Oliver_Boinx,
in fact, i could reproduce it. With the background turned to black in the After Effects composition the playback in ML is the right one and fluently as well.

Quite interesting what happens due to a background color wich is for the purpose of preview only and shouldn’t have any influence on the outcome at all :ok_man:

Thanks for the solution and you patience!

Btw.: The premultiplied alpha is the standard when exporting a ProRes 4444 + alpha

Great to hear!

Quite interesting what happens due to a background color wich is for the purpose of preview only and shouldn’t have any influence on the outcome at all :ok_man:

If it were easy, everyone could do it… :wink:

Btw.: The premultiplied alpha is the standard when exporting a ProRes 4444 + alpha

Thanks for the info. Is this also true if you export via the Adobe Media Encoder? I couldn’t find any setting there.

Well … no. In fact, i couldn’t even export a functional animation with media encoder. The same animation, that worked in MimoLive exported via render queue in After Effects doesn’t work when rendered with media encoder. And i can’t find anything like premultiplied or straight in media encoder.