5.0b50 Audio files lock program

I am still unable to add any audio files (mp3) to the timeline without locking the program which then requires a Force Quit. The audio files will play in the Music Tab preview player. When the file is dragged to the timeline, the track shows until I release the mouse button. The file then disappears and if I try to do anything else in the program, it locks up. These audio files work fine in 4.6.7

Same pb for me

I’m noticing a similar (but not the same) problem (using m4a audio files) using the latest 5.0b50 release. Dragging an audio file into the timeline does NOT lock up the program for me – BUT – if I try to adjust the volume during playback using my Magic Mouse (fingering left and right across it), I get a spinning beachball icon and the program hangs at that point. Only solution is to force quit. I wish I could say this was consistent, but it’s only happening occasionally. Still, it shouldn’t happen at all. This is also happening on already-created FM presentations…

It’s the same for me

Seems to be fixed in 5.0b51. Try the updated version…

Sorry Stantastic ; idem on last version. Inserting an audio file locks the program.

Sorry it’s not working for you. I’ll let the guys at Boinx respond to that, then…

Sb for and I am using 5.Ob54