Why does FotoMagico do a lengthy save when quiting even though I saved previously while working on m

<div class="EmbeddedContent"><strong>Why does FotoMagico do a lengthy save when quiting even though I saved previously while working on my slideshow?</strong>
           <p>We wanted to bring Auto Save to FotoMagico but with the traditional save taking up to a minute (or even more) that wasn't an option. So we broke saving up into two pieces. The so called "quick save" that is triggered every time you click "save" only stores the structure information of the slideshow to drastically reduce saving time. At this point the image files are not yet consolidated into the slideshow bundle. The lengthy consolidation process happens as soon as you either close the FotoMagico slideshow document or close FotoMagico. Like this we can reduce the amount of time saving takes to a minimum leaving you with more time for editing your slideshow</p>
           <p><a href="http://www.boinx.com/connect/fotomagico/knowledge/general/WS03341">Read the full story here</a></p>
           <div class="ClearFix"></div>
        </div>

Yes, that sounds a reasonable strategy, but presumably if the programme crashes when you’ve only done quick saves and not closed the slideshow file to save added media you will have lost a lot of work. When working on a long show I close the file at intervals to avoid this. Am I being too cautious?

I do the same and after saving I make a copy of the show. I know wherefore, after some craches.

Rainer