Where is the encoding take place?

I experienced some problems during a live-streaming, where some parts of the footage seem miss-synced between chroma and luma(?). Could this be an input issue, or can it be an encoding issue. Where is the encoding taking place, inside the mimoLive software, or my computer hardware- or software encoder?! Example frame grab cropped

@Erik Thank you for using mimoLive. I’m sorry to hear about the encoding trouble.

Do you see this in an ProRes 444 recording also?
What format do you use for live streaming?
Which version of mimoLive are you using?

The encoding is done either in the macOS software encoder or, if available, in the Mac hardware encoder. For both we have never seen this problem before.

// Do you see this in an ProRes 444 recording also?
I will try that, and also stream and save to disk at the same time, to compare.
// What format do you use for live streaming?
My setting was 720p25 at 4 Mbit/s.
// Which version of mimoLive are you using?
I was using 4.3.1 (the previous before updating to 4.4 this morning)

I did see these artefacts in both the program out window in mimoLive when streaming, as well as in the downloaded footage from my CDN afterwards. (edit) It was visible from all three of my cameras (Panny GH5 recording 4K, outputting 1080p via HDMI > Magewell USB 4K Plus (set to downconvert in mimoLive settings to 720p25) > Macbook Pro 15 Retina late 2013. CAM1 and CAM3 was routed through a Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express Dock HD connected via Thunderbolt cable to computer.

Where was the menu or shortcut to check how my computer deals with encoding? (i.e installed software or hardware encoding on the mac itself). I remember a grey box with a list with installed encoders.

Ah, found it! Help > Show Available Video Encoders

// Do you see this in an ProRes 444 recording also?

Answer: Yes! The encoding fault seems to occur at the same time I get a duplicate frame (i.e the video is stuttering). And I do get these a lot when moving the camera. See examples of two frames, where frame 01 is OK, but frame 02 is only updated with the color/chroma? change of the movement. Example frame grabs

Currently using a Macbook Pro 15" late 2013, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB PCIe GPU, and Intel Iris Pro 1536MB Built-in GPU. Activity Monitor utilities check of CPU says “VTEncoderXPCService” (124%).

Next test will be with another (newer) computer.

It seems to have something to do with the color-space and settings in Magewell USB capture device. I am not sure what configuration is the correct one though. Here is the default set up. (screen grab from Magewell USBCaptureUtility app)