When I add a soundtrack, playback stops working

Hello,
I have iSM 3.8.2, Home license. I am running Mac OS Sierra 10.12.4 . I have a 13 in Macbook Pro (mid 2010), with the original graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB). I have an SSD with 180 GB of free space on it, and unfortunately I have only 4 GB of RAM, without the possibility of an upgrade. I’m using a Canon 60D to record, using small S1 jpegs.

When I record without a soundtrack, everything, including playback, works perfectly fine. However when I add a soundtrack (whether mp3 or aiff, even as low as 1.5 mb), the program won’t give me a smooth playback. It skips about every 5 frames. Using the soundtrack is very important for me, and I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Any help would be very much appreciated!

My computer is otherwise in good shape, the desktop clean, I don’t run other programs when I’m using iSM, and I restart the computer regularly.

I am having the exact same problem. I have been working with IT to solve the problem but so far nothing has worked. Let me know if you figure out a solution.