Web Browser Capture

what resolution do you have the mimolive window set to?

Your mimo-window is too tiny. you have to enlarge it to 1080p or to move the content. You cannot crop it, ecause of non-responsive content. The question was. Are you able to capture the content of an external browser with NDI? If yes, yeah! If no. we’re the same far as before.

Btw, you could move the content, till you see anything. But this transparent area could be a place holder for other dynamic content, so a crop won’t help also.

Still can’t see anything

BTW why a regular web browner like safari doesn’t work either?

And you really want to see transparency with a black-half-transparent-box on a black background? try to add a background layer and set the color to something with more luminance…

I believe the answer here is that mimoLive’s embedded browser has been designed to be used with mimo, and can replace html backgrounds with transparency. So, in the mimoLIve browser, you aren’t seeing a dark background, you are seeing the “back of the window”. Other browsers aren’t designed to do this.

The URL is dynamically updated when there is activity in the twitch chat. The black box will show the chat. There should also be a graphic with information on the bottom. But the truth is I have the exact same thing happen if I put the address of an ordinary web page here as well.

At least the half-transparent box will be visible, but never on a black background. The reply was for Joseph.

1 Like

There is no need for any replacement. Alpha-Channel is a part of the body tag in html. You’re simple not able to capture alpha channels by the use of a screen recording.

Call it what you like. Perhaps you prefer “modify” over “replace”, but either way, mimoLive’s browser enables “replacing” the background with transparency.

This is not true.Transparency has to be set at the html’s element. mimoLive’s browser window does not replace anything. If none is set, browsers do use a default css-file which is defined to #FFF for the body element (in major browsers). I work lot’s with it.

OK. I must have misinterpreted what it is doing.

So I guess the bottom line is that mimoLive’s web browser functionality is just too resource intensive to be practical? (at least not with other things going on on the screen; in my case 3 cameras and some visuals). When everyone else uses the web browser capture as a source do you have the same experience of CPU overload and/or crashing?

I think it is fair to say that. Whenever I tried it, the browser was really inefficient and wildly spiked the CPU, and so I never really used it.

When we need this functionality we generally run a web browser on another system and send it via NDI, or direct as an HDMI input. That allows us to separate the browser from the broadcaster, as browsers can be unpredictable anyway.

2 Likes

This is helpful (though unfortunate); thank you. I wonder whether OBS is doing something different to make their usage more efficient? I’m working with someone using the same overlays with OBS and he’s not having any problems with it.

Yes (CPU), yes (usage). If I need transparency, I use the source, if not, I use HDMI capture. NDI is sucking lot’s of network. And you cannot capture a website with NDI which should be transparent.