Version 6 for the occasional user AND 10 times price increase

I AGREE BRYCE,
FOR A FEW FM SLIDESHOWS IT’S NOT GOOD VALUE. HAVING SAID THAT, IT IS A GREAT SERVICE. SOLUTION…
I’m going to wait and see…

I think one of the reasons why Boinx and other companies have moved over to a subscription model is that it makes it impossible for the software to be hacked into and offered for free on the “dark net”. I have certainly seen FM5 made available that way, but not FM6.

Monthly charges £8.99 for UK €7.99 for Europe what a rip off for the British.

Monthly charges £8.99 for UK €7.99 for Europe what a rip off for the British.

And no reply to my emails when the trial started crashing. So no support and rip off price.

You probably need to thank Brexit for that!
I have always had a quick response from support: boinx Support support@boinx.com

1 Like

Hi @kevreid I’m sorry to hear that you’re not satisfied with our support. Where did you send the emails and what email address did you use?

Thank you for pointing out the price issues. The price used on FastSpring should be the same as on the Mac App Store. Can you please check what price is listed at the Mac App Store in your area?

I suspect you won’t hear back from the complainant!
This is just to confirm that the UK price is indeed £8.99 when purchased direct. However, here in Mexico, where I live, it is $153MXN, equivalent to €7.97. So there does seem to be an anomaly.

Hi @Londinense Thanks for the feedback. Yes, indeed this seems to be an anomaly with the currency conversion rate that FastSpring uses. I’m investigating on how to fix it.

Hello Oliver,

Has the UK price been adjusted yet?

I can see the UK App Store price of £67.99, which would more or less match the US price of $79.99.

However the BOINX website still wants to charge £83.99, which is actually (roughly) adding the US exchange rate multiplier ($1.22 to the £) to the App Store price.

I’m looking to procure a license, but will end up going elsewhere.

If I delete my demo and redownload from the App Store, will I then be offered the App Store price?

Bill

Currently, the price on FastSpring is calculated automatically from the currency conversion rate. We’re investigating why there is such a big difference to the conversion rate that you get when you ask Google to convert it.

One issue of course is VAT which is added to the price. The $79.99 is without VAT.

Unfortunately that didn’t really answer the question about AppStore pricing being significantly different.

So I subscribed via the AppStore (annual) this evening, they show payment having been accepted, but then I get a Boinx server error, and I find that my subscription isn’t active.

Please advise. I’ll look to contact Apple tomorrow about this issue.

Bill

Now working. I had to log out and in to my Boinx account and subscription activated - similar on linked iPad version. One of the two price points is clearly wrong, but as I’ve got the cheaper one, I can’t complain.

Bill

Glad to hear that it worked out! Sorry about the rocky road.