using 3 hdmi camera

I’m about to buy boinxtTV for a conference room, I need 3 camera, if possible HD. today is very hard to find a HD camcorder with firewire output so I think to switc to hdmi connection.
Is it possible to put 3 Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro together inside a mac pro and use it for a 3 camera High resolution recording? Otherwise what can be the best configuration considering I need 20 mt cable for two cameras?
Sorry for my bad English and thank you in advance,
Davide

Several points here:

• I believe 3 live HD cameras is still too much data for current Mac Pros. We are desperately hoping for a performance bump of those machines soon, but right now I believe the bandwidth is not enough. BoinxTV is doing all its magic in realtime on the graphics card, so it really needs to push a lot of data. Just to confirm: given the hardware, BoinxTV can of course do the job of working with multiple HD cameras.
  • Using multiple Intensity Pro cards with BoinxTV might work, but is not a supported configuration, as the underlying QuickTime architecture was not designed to handle this. We are very confident that the next Mac OS X operating system will bring major improvements to that architecture, which will enable manufacturers to build more solid solutions.
  • The above is the reason we keep recommending FireWire cameras for now. If you need to run a long cable we typically recommend FireNEX extenders, as outlined on our equipment page: http://boinx.com/boinxtv/equipment/

Thank you for your quick answer.
So I have to work in SD 720X576 or is possible to work with 3 cameras in HD?
Even 1280X720? Can you suggest me witch cameras?

The problem is that I can’t find any camera with DV out at the moment even standard definition.

the HV40 is still available at certain places. you’ll need a firewire bus/card for each one tho if they are all the same as they will collide on the bus (very often have the same ID baked into them). http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/597424-REG/Canon_3686B001_VIXIA_HV40_High_Definition.html

another thing to look into is a switcher that can do HDMI or SDI - depending on the camera you settle on. switch it with a panel instead of in the app, then you only got one connection in.

I’m currently using two HDMI feeds with two Blackmagic Design Pro in a Mac Pro. It works, but you can “feel” the machine is at capacity limits.