Unable to connect to YouTube

Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of help.

I’m trying to add a YouTube account.

I had a message pop up when launching mimolive advising me that my YouTube details needed updating (changed my password). I saw that my YouTube accounts were no longer in accounts so tried to add them again.

The sign in process seems to complete, the window disappears after clicking allow but the channel is not added to my accounts.

I’m mainly using for streaming so I’ve setup a custom RTMP as a workaround but I would like the social features back.

Hope you can help.

J

@“Jim Hope” Thank you for using mimoLive. I’m sorry you experience problems with YouTube. Can you please let me know what version of mimoLive you’re using? Can you check if it works with mimoLive 4.5b2 (https://boinx.com/connect/mimolive/versionhistory/4.5b2)

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was running 4.4.1 when the problem started and updated to 4.5b2 on site and that didn’t seem to work.

Tried again after removing the app and re installing just now and it seems to be working.

I’m still not sure what cause the connection issue (was using the same 4G modem) but glad that it’s working now.

Thanks for your help.

J

Hey,

So it seems that the issue has come back up again. was running the 4.5b2 beta when it decided that YouTube wasn’t an option. I’ve updated to the latest beta (4.5b4) and the problem still happens. I was so glad that it worked the other day, had an event go perfectly, and now when I’m doing setup for another event (that is thankful a few weeks off) it seems to not want to work with you tube again.

any help greatly appreciated

J

Hi Jim,

I have the same issue. I can not select the particular YouTube Stream in the Output section.
As workaround, you can enter a manual RTMP stream using the data (key etc.) given by YouTube.

Hi @“Jim Hope” and thank you for the feedback on the current issue. I am sorry that you experience account and streaming issues with Youtube.

The youtube account is tied to the youtube streaming service. If there is no youtube account then there should be an option to add a youtube account to access the streaming service for the added account (youtube in this example).

I have began further investigation into what’s happening with the Youtube account.

I will keep you guys updated with the progress and inform you on the next beta/release with the fix.

Yeah having the same problem here. Was having it on 4.2.1 so I updated and still having it. Initially I had my usual YouTube acct and the output was saved from the last time I was live about a month ago but every time I clicked stream it was saying it was streaming but the link was the video from the last time I was live. Closed program, restarted, updated didn’t change it. Deleted the YouTube account and tried to readd it but every time I login it does login with my credentials asks for permission to have offline access. I click allow and the window closes, but the YouTube account is not in the list. I’ve added twitter as a test and it worked just fine. Again running ML 4.5, macOS 10.13.4

@kmac1036 Thanks for reporting. We are currently looking into this.

@“Achim (Boinx)” thanks and glad you’re looking at it. I’m betting something changed in the API on their end, a security setting or something like that.

@kmac1036 @“Jim Hope” @Nairolf22 Seems that YouTube fixed the issue on their end. Please can you try to login to YouTube in mimoLive again and report back? Thanks!

@Achim thanks for getting back to us. I seem to be able to stream to you via accounts. hopefully it’ll stay up and running.

J

@kmac1036 , @JimH @Nairolf22 Hi guys. We have identified the issue after extensive testing and were able to reproduce it. We are currently working on a solution. You might still experience the issue. We have released a new beta which offers better error message feedback for account creation (among other things). The issue is our top priority and we are working on a permanent repair. Thank you for the feedback and patience.

I’m experiencing the same issue with 4.4.1 and 4.5. I can’t log in to YouTube in the accounts section of mimoLive preferences. Facebook works fine.