Trial app will not recognise my Canon 5D Mk3 DSLR

I just downloaded the latest build of version 3.5 (the trial version) and in spite of several emails back and forth to support and in spite of doing exactly what they said, the app will not recognise my Canon 5d Mk 3 (or my Sony Nex 5). Lightroom will see my cameras so no problem with connection. I have the Canon software disabled as recommended.

Has anyone out there managed to get a Canon 5d Mk 3 working with the latest version, and if so how? What are your in-camera settings? I am using an iMac with OSX 10.7 (Lion).

Just downloaded the DragonFrame free trial and the Canon was immediately recognised, with onion skinning as well, so no connection issues at my end, purely a Boinx issue. Dragon Frame is a bit pricey for me, I shall use it very occasionally, but it looks like I may have to stump up.

has anybody managed to use a canon 700D on istopmotion and get onion skinning to work? I am thinking of buying a 700d but don’t want to waste my money. I have already sent back a Panasonic X920 camcorder because it is not recognised by istopm

BTW I am using mac osx 10.8.5

I own a Canon 700D myself so this model is tested fairly good ;-). Unfortunately this camera isn’t recognized by MacOS X 10.7.5 but since your are on 10.8.5 you should be fine.