Title shorter than video clip

I am thinking I could potentially use Fotomagico to edit videos rather than using something like iMovie. Is it possible to make a title shorter than a clip? Seems that the Titles cover the entire clip. I know I could split the clip (make a short section up front) and then add the title to that, but that could take a long time to do each one.

Any such function? Thanks!

Select the layer which holds the Title. Then in the Layer submenu on the right hand side, you should find a Visibility control bar. Adjust the start and end points by dragging the little control triangles at the bottom. If you want the title to start when the slide or clip starts, but you want it to fade or disappear before the clip ends, just slide the RIGHT triangle to the left and place it where you want. Unfortunately there’s no way to make “precise” numerical adjustments – you have to eyeball it. But that should get you what you want. You can adjust the “transparent” looking triangles as well, which allows for the title to fade in or out over time, rather than doing an abrupt transition from there to not there, or the other way around. Just play around with the controls.

Hope that helps…

Thanks for this. I finally has time to mess around with it to get it work. Can you have multiple titles per video clip or would I have to cut up the clip every time I want a new title?

Not sure exactly what you’re asking. You can have multiple titles per “slide” – but I’m confused when you ask for multiple titles per “clip.”

If you’re talking about a video clip that you have imported into Fotomagico, then that clip will play from start to finish in a single “slide.” Then as described in my answer before, you can place a title on the screen (appearing over the video clip) and have it fade in/out over a specific amount of time. So, if you want to add ANOTHER title to the same clip, then just add another Title layer, and then adjust the timing of THAT layer to fade in or out when you want it to. You need to remember that you can only have SIX TOTAL LAYERS per slide, so if the video clip is a layer, then you can have FIVE titles appear or disappear however you want. Just select a Title layer in question and adjust its fade in/out point as previously described. You can have one title appear at a time, or multiple titles at the same time (just adjust their in/out points accordingly).

Does that explain it? Hope so :slight_smile:

You guessed my intention correctly. Thanks. That works. I did not know I could have more than one title. Thanks.