The Children’s Creativity Museum TV and Movie Making Programs Ensure Every Child is a Shining Star

The Children’s Creativity Museum TV and Movie Making Programs Ensure Every Child is a Shining Star

The Children’s Creativity Museum (formerly “Zeum”), situated in downtown San Francisco, is a place for kids to explore their inner filmmaker, rock star or movie star. They are encouraged to get their hands dirty and sing/dance/shout/whatever to the beat of their own drummer. To facilitate this concept of confidence building, the museum is filled with tools that allow visitors to delve into their creative sides, even including a television studio fully equipped with the same technology professional filmmakers and artists use to film and produce videos. The museum’s educational philosophy of “Imagine, Create, Share” promotes a divergent thinking process that allows children to explore their wild and crazy ideas (Imagine), express themselves with confidence and the freedom to fail (Create), and validate their ideas while building on those of others, thus strengthening the community (Share). All this is done with a main goal in mind: to nurture what the museum calls the “3C’s of 21st-century...

Read the full story here

When my brother and me went over from the MacWorld 2004 to the Zeum (today’s Children’s Creativity Museum) at the Buena Vista Garden in San Francisco we were just curious what it was all about. An iStopMotion customer had come to our small booth at the MacWorld and told us to check out the Zeum and talk to the people there. Unfortunately the Zeum was closed already and because it was the last day of our trip to the US we wanted to leave a business card with a short note on it at least. Just when my brother dropped the card into the post box I saw a guy walking inside the building. I knocked on the window and asked him to open the door. After a short introduction we learnt that this guy named Chris was just the right person to meet. He already knew our stop motion product iStopMotion and wanted to contact us anyway. He toured us through the museum and showed us all the cool stuff they are using to unleash the creativity of their visitors. That was the second when I fell in love with this place. That exactly were the motives why we created iStopMotion. The Zeum was in the process of replacing the old stop motion stations with something new. We donated the software licenses and from then on we had a good relationship with the Zeum.

I am very proud that the Children’s Creativity Museum use our software to make happy days in the life of children and their families. That makes it worth all of the hard work!