Stinger animation (during or in between transition)

I’m really sorry but these just don’t make any sense.

Let’s speak plain language… I have a SINGLe automation Layer… On the script I would like to do the following…
StartStinger
StartBackground after 1seconds
That’s it. While the stinger ends the background would remain full on (saying background but in reality it’s a video source (could be anything)

Doable?

Sure. :slight_smile:
A background layer does not end automatically. You’d have to switch it off.

Whatever you want to switch time shifted, it should be structured by this:

If it is a single layer or variant: use layerOn() or layerOff()
If you want to switch somethig the same time, create a layer Set and recall the LayerSet with layerSetRecall()
If you need the script to wait, use sleep()

How you combine all these commands is up to you and your project.

I was using The media source endpoint directly as I did not understand why creating layers was necessary. This could have been the reason. Let’s create the layers and see.

For the record… The following worked perfectly, it was the timeout function what was causing me issues as I did not want it and not sure where it is coming from that’s all. So the functions were correct the timeline was not… and this… using just media source (without layers)

setVariable($stingerDoc, “1430086515-783D65B8-32A3-493B-9CA2-5C04709DA262”)
setVariable($cleanBackground, “D9C38039-E7FA-4DE6-A804-F56AD8F35B58”)

layerOn($stingerDoc)
layerOn($cleanBackground)

layerOn($stingerDoc)

is not switched exactly the same time. The script needs a bit of time for execution. If it’s relevant, I suggest to bundle the content of $StingerDoc and $cleanBackground into one LayerSet. Instead of two layerOn()-commands I’d use layerSetRecall() instead. In longer scripts or huger documents this could be relevant.

I’ve done it… simply with this…

No Layers were necessary just pull source API Endpoint from the media resources and no layerSetRecall()

In fact, it was a simple as I thought while your explanation was making it over-complicated unnecessarily.

Don’t get me wrong, I am extremely thankful for your help… but here is it…

2 source (Stinger video and background) and a single automation layer without any variant.

Dead simple and makes complete sense script-wise.

setVariable($stingerDoc, “FF3BD7CF-5A4C-4D8A-984C-E0294F231F63”)
setVariable($cleanBackground, “D9C38039-E7FA-4DE6-A804-F56AD8F35B58”)

layerOn($stingerDoc)
sleep(0.5)

For those who need to know… here we go.

Well, if you read your request again, nobody would know what you want to do exactly. Maybe this is the reason for my abstract explainations.

You’re welcome.

My question is very clear and the logic was simple but obviously anyone with coding experience if he doesn’t understand the framework how would he be able to come up with the correct script especially with such poor documentation… eg… How would on earth this means…layerOn($cleanBackground) would sleep for 0.5 before kickoff… correct syntax should have been…

layerOn(0.5, $cleanBackground)

Anyway… thanks a lot for your guidance.

BTW: You could build your own stinger or complex opener directly inside of mimolive, by the cost of combining some PIP-window, lower thirds and text-layers, so unfortunately Animation isn’t a clear term for a usecase for mimoLive: e.g. transparent stinger video/green keyed stinger video… is. However, the next time I’ll ask for supposed “missing information”, instead of expanding other’s capabilities. :heart: In my experience this’d lead to “does this guy think I’m stupid?” again.

1 Like

I never thought you were stupid or did think of me like that. Sometimes no matter how smart we are, we still can miss simple things. Generally, I’m the sort of guy who just wants things done and he’s happy about it.

Your video and guidance were greatly helpful to me and I’m very thankful. I think the documentation should have been a little bit more informative. I’ve learned more from your videos than the documentation, and I’m still very unclear on so many possibilities and it’s a shame.

Thanks, JoPhi

1 Like

You’re welcome. Now, your head will explode, because this uncleareness will never end. Daily I explore new ways of doing whatever in mimoLive. For me it’s like a stream of water, where Automation is holding a finger into it. Yes, you can use Automation to simply replace a (very fast) finger, clicking this and that. But there is much more. And in future there will be much more coming. Currently, Automation is in status of “proof of concept”. Sure, there are some inconsistencies. (Some commands do need “” others don’t), but it’s growing quick. Maybe this is the reason for the very short documentation. On the other hand, its so dynamic, that no one realy knows where to start with explainations and where to end. So, the comand list is the base. :smiley: I’m loving it! :heart: @Oliver_Boinx suggested at the last live-stream, to talk more about in this forum, and now we do. :joy::joy::hugs:

1 Like

I’m pretty pleased about it. Flexibility is a key, I’ve been streaming for over a year now and picked up Mimo from day one for it’s robustness and flexibility. I never considered OBS as a great streaming application mostly because of its limitation. There is a lot you can do on OBS but so many inconsistencies and the third party plugins etc not really my cuppa.

I’ll be looking forward to all improvements and new features on mimoLive.

Amazing! Please do not forget to post all Feature Requests about (and around) Automation at this part of the forum. #woohoo

Now that I have my head set around it… you’ll see the end result :wink: