Sidebar ad layer - feature add-on?

It would be amazing if the sidebar ad layer could slide the live placer layer over at the same time the ad slides in. I got this to work today with a workaround: creating a PIP layer that sits below the sidebar ad with 2 variants - full-screen and slid-over. A remote surface button triggers both to happen at once - the on/off toggle of sidebar ad and the cycle-thru-variants of the PIP.

I couldn’t figure out how to embed the video of this, but I’ve made a YouTube link to today’s live-stream that’s cued up to where I use this, here.

Thanks.

Ben

1 Like

Hi Ben,
Idea: What do you think about using a 2D-Presenter-Layer?

I’d use a Presenter-Layer on top of my camera. As “B” I’d use a Background or the graphic itself. Then, it’s simle an on/off toggle between the variants. With this you could use any video/image source:

Demo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LP45J4KwjU34jA-4i7OACk8M_qc0ibSY/view?usp=sharing

To have a good effekt, don’t forget to toggle it off first, before toggling it on again.

Ps: I’ve forgotten to add a placeholder C :smiley: :smiley:

I tried this and the problem I had was that the placer layer below the presenter shrinks and does not remain full size. I need the placer layer to remaind full size and slide over a bit. Am I missing a setting the in 2D placer that allows this?

I didn’t download the “Demo” as I couldn’t quite tell what to do with what was in it.

Thanks!

Ben

I’m sorry but I miss the point. My demo does not shrink the placer it’s croping the image to the middle.of 50%, so it slides the placer to the left, so that the incoming image can be made visible. Enlarge the width, if your B-image does not need 50%

Feel free to use pip or pip window layer to combine all to your needs. Create Layer Sets to combine everything to smooth movemends.

By the way: to have the same aspect ratio, you have to shrink one of the images. Otherwise you could overlay it by something (without movement of the main camera.) Even you move the below picture, it gets shrinked by leaving the right or left side of the renderspace. And on the other side you have black borders.

Johannes,

I think I’m the one who missed something. Did you create a custom 2D Presenter Layer, and is that what is in the link? I only tried this with the 2D Presenter that comes with mimoLive.

Thanks.

Ben

Hi Ben,
no, I used the stock layer. Try to change the values of the settings to my values. Use the wheels to see what is changing. The 2D Presenter Layer is very interesting. You can create amazing split effects with it.

I’ve played around with this a little more, and see what you’re talking about. What I like about the SideBar Ad layer is that is automatically resizes the graphic to fit within the sidebar’s settings, and the 2D Presenter adjusts the new image based on the dimensions/size of the image. The workaround I can see so far in using the 2D Presenter is to create all graphics for it the same dimensions and then drop them in. It’s an extra step in Photoshop, but we can deal with it.

Thanks.

Ben

You’re welcome.

You could also play around with PIP-Window.

Your image is on full screen, as long you bring in another from aside. This image from aside would be proportional scaled. And your’s dynamically cropped. :smiley: In mimoLive there are several ways to do similar things. I hope I can inspire you to play a bit. Combine the views with LayerSets to single switches.

Finally, the greater look should be the basement for the decision. :hugs:

Thanks for the input @JoPhi - below is an example of how I used the 2D presenter to do sidebar adds with the talking-head source sliding over on today’s show:

https://youtu.be/MdM31LilouA?t=5087

Ben

1 Like

That’s amazing. It looks great. :hugs::hugs::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks! Your discussions of PIP layers and what you can do with them led me to pulling this “camera move” effect scanning from the top to the bottom of a long page of a comic strip earlier in the show, by making the top of the vertical jpg one variant and the bottom another variant, and setting the transition to 8 seconds.

Take a look: https://youtu.be/MdM31LilouA?t=658

1 Like

Wooooohooooo!!! Now we’re there, why mimoLive is the most genius app for streaming and broadcasting!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:, so cool, Ben!!