Roarrrr!

From the latest newsletter that was just sent out - information on our smoking hot OS X Lion promo:

When Apple releases a new version of Mac OS X, I am like a child on Christmas. I shout: “Lion, man! Lion!” and can’t wait to install it (http://boinx.com/backstage/team/). I feel as though I myself turn into a lion, living on the vast plains of opportunity, waiting to devour all the goodies coming my way!

Of course, there are also always some not so pleasant surprises as well: required updates for some apps are not yet available and if they are, some bugs have not yet been discovered and fixed. But that, my friends, is the nature of progress.

Beginning today, we will put our apps on sale exclusively at the Mac App Store at insanely low prices, for example, Mouseposé and PhotoPresenter will start at US $0.99! (See the whole product line at http://bit.ly/o1OAQK ). Each day until Lion ships, we will increase the price by one tier until we return to the normal pricing or Lion ships.

State of the Union

For the Boinx engineering team, a new system release means an insane amount of work in a very short time as some of our apps require updates. Since we do not know when Lion will ship, we cannot say if the updates will be ready in time. We are committed to providing you with the necessary updates asap, but for now, we recommend that you stick with Mac OS X 10.6.x for your professional workflows.

Here is the score card for Lion compatibility of our apps. All of these updates will be free of charge from the Mac App Store automatically and from our download page when they become available.

• iStopMotion 2.8.1
    Update required for DSLRs to work. Everything else appears to work fine.
    With Mac OS X 10.6.8, the support for DSLR cameras (that we worked very hard to fix when it broke with 10.6.7) broke again and the same issue remains for OS X 10.7 Lion. Until the update is ready, we recommend to use Mac OS X 10.6.7 and iStopMotion 2.8.1 if you want to use a DSLR to shoot your stop motion movies.

• BoinxTV 1.8.1
    Update required for OS X Lion.
    BoinxTV is most affected by changes in OS X 10.7 Lion so the update will take a while. Please stick with Mac OS X 10.6.7 until the update becomes available. As soon as we have fixed the issues, we will make a beta version available through our website.

• FotoMagico 3.8
    Appears to work fine with OS X Lion.
    At this time, there are no severe issues known that affect FotoMagico 3.8 with OS X 10.7 Lion. A small update with cosmetic fixes is in the works.

• PhotoPresenter 4.1.2
    Update required for OS X Lion.
    The issues we discovered are already fixed and we are preparing a new release.

• Mouseposé 3.2.1
    Minor issues with OS X Lion.
    Generally, Mouseposé works on Lion. We are working on a new release fixing some minor issues we’ve discovered with the new features such as full screen mode and Launchpad.

As you can see, we are super excited about OS X Lion and can’t wait to take advantage of all the new capabilities.

Hakuna Matata!

Your Boinx Software Team

P.S. This Forum is definitely lacking a Lion (and kitten) smiley, so here is an Ape instead:
:(|)

When do plan to release an update for iStopMotion Mac OS X 10.6.8?

Dear Boinx, does this mean that all of my pre-App store licenses are becoming worthless, and all future updates will only be done through the App store ? In other words, do I have to buy all apps over again ?

@elpelso: No, above only means that we are currently doing a special Mac App Store promotion.

All licenses purchased outside the Mac App Store are and will continue to be fully valid and there’s no plan to discontinue sales outside of the Mac App Store.

@Onno. We have been working very hard on this issue in the last couple of days. Unfortunately Apple didn’t make it too easy for us, but I believe we’re getting close to having a solution.

Hi,
I have Fotomagico Pro v2, but the price for upgrade is the same as the special price this weekend… Did I miss something or is there an special upgrade price somewhere? : )

Hi I upgraded to Lion 10.7 and now my FotoMagico 3.x Full (purchased pre App store thru Boinx for $149) will not load at all on my mac. The icon just “bounces” in the doc. How do I get FotoMagico to load? Apple support told me to ask Boinx
thanks

Are you using the latest update which is Lion compatible? If not please download it from our website:

http://boinx.com/download/#fotomagico

Thanks! Got it :slight_smile:

Don’t want to put a damper on the great releases that have recently been out out, I am only having a problem downloading the new Stop Motion Handbook EPUB download onto my Mac OSX ver 10.8 laptop, it completes but there is nothing showing on a blank text edit page. I’ve called the 1 855 264 6979 Support, but no one answers. After a few false downloads the download page is now saying it is unavailable.

I ave upgraded to Mountain Lion in order to run Fotomagico 4 which would not run on Snow Lepeard. The downside - I have lost my Mac Office and still trying to resolve this so I gained one and at he moment have lost one. However the other problem I hace is when I open the Fotomagico manual een with v 4 open, it opens the manual for V 3.8. There is no mention of v4 so I cannot acess help to learn the new features of v4.
Can anyone help me with this - where to find or how to obtain the v4 help manual.
Cheers
Shirley

PS sorry about the mistyping - should have checked the preview.