Remote Camera App on iPhone 5s isn't connecting to MacBook Pro iStopMotion 3 App

Hi, I recently purchased the iStop Motion 3 app on my macbook pro, after reading how the remote camera works I downloaded the free Remote Camera App onto my iPhone 5s. Despite the instructions saying the two will automatically connect if they are on the same wifi network, my mac app doesn’t recognise that my iPhone is using the remote camera. I’ve also tried, as instructed in a Boinx youtube video, to ‘create a network’ on the mac but that doesn’t work either.
Can anyone help me resolve this issue please?
Thanks
Dan

I am having the same problem but with my iPhone 6s. I did all the same steps and nothing solve the problem. I hope someone can help us.
Thanks
Raf

Me too. The mac doesn’t recognise the iphone or ipad…

I am having the same problem but with my iPhone 5. I followed the same steps (including Boinx youtube video for a specific network) but nothing solve the problem. I hope someone can help us.
Thx
Thierry

Seems like its been a lot of time about the problem, I just wondering if u guy still working on it?please tell us.
thx

Same here, after about 10 snaps istopmotion slows down and sometimes crashes. It is no difference if I use an iPhone 6plus or an iPad air 2.

PLEASE BOINX FIX THIS! It is a longtime known problem!

I’ve been waiting months now to see this problem resolved and it doesn’t seem to be moving anywhere. Is there any ETA on when a fix will be released? If not can I have my money back as I bought iStopMotion in order to be able to use the Remote Camera functionality. Otherwise I’d have happily stayed with iMovie and not wasted $50.

I too have spent money for this app. It is the biggest reason I bought it. Now it does not work.WTF??

Well actually it never worked. Followed all directions.

I experienced the same iPhone5s problem with my Mac. Wifi and ‘create a network’ weren’t solutions.