Recorded file. Audio was a mess

Hi guys, i’m here to share another bug and i don’t know if it could be related to the
out-of-sync bug everyone is talking right now.
I was recording a show while a “low-performance” message appears on the windows and so on. When i ended the show i looked at the file and it was a mess.

The video was slower and faster here and there and the audio skipped 20 minutes of recording without any reason so the audo track ended 20’ before the video track.

This really bother me since now i had to re-do the show again.
Can this be related to the out of Sync problem? I don’t know.
Thank you for your help,
bandian

Hi @bandian. Thank you for using mimoLive and for the feedback.

Can this be related to the out of Sync problem?

Yes it can, because all audio output goes through one place, where we believe we found an audio issue.

The video was slower and faster here and there and the audio skipped 20 minutes of recording without any reason so the audio track ended 20’ before the video track.

Could you send me the link to the file so I can analyze it?

You said 20 minutes of audio were skipped - did audio continue or did it just stop?
Did it skip audio somewhere in the show or at the last 20 minuts?

I am asking because the current bug would not allow audio to recover. That means that if audio stopped at 40 mins of your show, and if your show lasted 2 hours, you would lose 1:20h of audio.

Well, sure i can send it to you but it’s like 20 gb of stuff. I can shrink it a little bit to mp4 but it will be the same to you?
Anyway, what happened here it’s really really weird.
The video is fully recorded (with some slower parts and some faster parts).
The audio track is just one with a 20’ skip in the middle. So it’s like if it stops to record audio at a certain point and after 20 minutes (more or less), starts again LEAVING NO HOLE in the audio track. In the MOV file i just found 20’ of silence at the end of the track (i think waiting for the video track to end). I hope i’ve been able to explain what happened! I add a png to show to you what i mean.
Thank you so much for your help.
bandian
bug|690x257