portrait format

hi there, I have a problem with the picture that is taken by the programm from my foto camera. I want to have HD 1080, which I already set, but the picture it in portait format and I don´t know where to define the normal/horizontal format. I wound be happy about every help. thx

If I understand your problem correctly you want to import portrait images into iStopMotion and you want to have the result movie also be in portrait mode? You have to setup the portrait aspect ratio at the beginning of your iStopMotion project. When you about to create a new project you have to setup the pixel dimension of your movie. Here you choose “Custom” and put in width “1080” and hight “1920”. Now you have a portrait movie where you can import the portrait images.

Sounds like a fun project, maybe you want to share it when finished?

Hi,
Is it possible to create a video having full sized landscape and portrait photos (with vertical black bars)?

I want to create a short video with thousands of photos I take on vacation…

@joaoalm: Unfortunately iStopMotion is always cropping the source material to fill the canvas completely. You would have to add the vertical bars beforehand by a pre-process. E.g. record a script that changes the canvas size of your portrait images in PhotoShop and run it in a batch for all your portrait images.

Hi I have the same problem as I have to shoot some stop motion for Instagram TV in portrait mode on my iPhone, so was really pleased to see your reply BUT I cannot see any control that allows me to create a custom setting for adjusting the format to 1920tall and 1080 wide.
Need urgent help please
Thanks David GB
These are the sort of things I’m creating: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pnVUFynV8Q3uexaaYUbyoQgXjTAg5cc9/view?usp=sharing
(Created using StopMotion Studio but U prefer iStopMotion !)

Hi I have the same problem as I have to shoot some stop motion for Instagram TV in portrait mode on my iPhone, so was really pleased to see your reply BUT I cannot see any control that allows me to create a custom setting for adjusting the format to 1920tall and 1080 wide.
Need urgent help please
Thanks David GB
These are the sort of things I’m creating: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pnVUFynV8Q3uexaaYUbyoQgXjTAg5cc9/view?usp=sharing
(Created using StopMotion Studio but U prefer iStopMotion !)

David, cool videos you make!

Can you please be more specific which version of iStopMotion you’re using? Mac, iPad?

Hi there Oliver - By preference I prefer to use iStopMotion on my iPhone, the camera is better than that on my old iPad and I can position it in quite small spaces.
I did check in the App Store to see if there was a later version, but apparently not.
If this is a feature not supported on the iPhone I would suggest that it should be as many people are now making portrait format videos for IGTV.
I much prefer the interface on iStop to that of Stop Motion Studio so would really appreciate this functionality.

@Oliver_Boinx
Hi Oliver any updates on this question ?
Thanks
David GB

David, sorry for the delay in response. iStopMotion on iOS only supports landscape. A possible workaround could be to engage the rotation lock and rotate the camera 90 degrees. The resulting video then needs to be rotated again to be used in portrait.

We’ll take your feedback as a feature request to be considered for a future release.