Need help with ratio/aspect video play out multi streaming, wants to know how stream to facebook live and instagram live via rtmp with differents aspect ratios
One way could be to have two documents at the same time: One for landscape and one for portrait aspect ratio. If both documents sharing the same keyboard short cuts you can switch cameras simultaneously in both documents. One document will then stream to Facebook and the second to Instagram.
Thanks for the reply. So far is working
How can i have same mimocall in both documents?
FYI Mimolive 5.7 hangs if you open 2 documents
rMBP 15 2013, GT750M, 16gb RAM, 10.13.6
Unfortunately this is a problem introduced by Apple in macOS 10.13.6. Please update to a later version of macOS were this bug is fixed.
There are some, Achim, using older hardware, who do not have the ability to “update to a later version of macOS were this bug is fixed.”
What is your recommendation to those of us who suffer such a situation?
I am deeply sorry but after weeks of trying to find a workaround we decided to move on. I hate to say this but this bug is very deep in Apple code and we don’t have a chance to fix it. Unfortunately there is no other way than not to open two documents at the same time on a macOS 10.13.6 installation. Sorry again for this inconvenient situation!
If you have a second Mac, you can send video and audio from the primary Mac over your local network using NDI. I have been doing this to handle limitations from my old iMac, and it’s been working great so far.
Here’s the workflow:
– Run mimoLive in the primary Mac and create a landscape document.
– Create an output destination to stream to Facebook.
– From the primary Mac, create an NDI output destination and toggle it Live.
– Run mimoLive in the secondary Mac and create a portrait document.
– Create an NDI source and select video and audio being sent from the primary iMac.
– Use a placer layer and customize geometry to place the landscape video in your portrait document.
– Create an output destination to stream to Instagram.
Hope this helps! All the best,