Multiple HDMI Inputs for BoinxTV?

Hello all, I’m new to the forums, but have been using BoinxTV for some webcasting (lifestream). I’ve got a camera feed to an Matrox MX02, but now I’m trying to get a powerpoint feed to also show up on the same outgoing feed.

Now my first try was to share out the powerpoint screen using Screen Sharing/TightVNC, then Camtwist-ed the window as a camera in. Technically it worked, but running Livestream Procaster tanked the CPU/Framerate on my spiffy new Macbook Pro.

First, can BoinxTV support more than one Matrox MX02 connected as feeds on the same broadcast?

Second, I saw the tutorial on using Reflector (very nice tutorial)… would that be any more efficient on processor?

Third, am I missing another configuration that’d work better?

We are using the Epiphan DVI2USB Solo video to usb converters. Please have a look on the Video Input section of our equipment page here: http://www.boinx.com/boinxtv/equipment/

Those work perfectly to capture a presenters laptop screen.

Hello all, I'm new to the forums, but have been using BoinxTV for some webcasting (lifestream). I've got a camera feed to an Matrox MX02, but now I'm trying to get a powerpoint feed to also show up on the same outgoing feed.

Now my first try was to share out the powerpoint screen using Screen Sharing/TightVNC, then Camtwist-ed the window as a camera in. Technically it worked, but running Livestream Procaster tanked the CPU/Framerate on my spiffy new Macbook Pro.

First, can BoinxTV support more than one Matrox MX02 connected as feeds on the same broadcast?

Second, I saw the tutorial on using Reflector (very nice tutorial)… would that be any more efficient on processor?

Third, am I missing another configuration that’d work better?

Hi I’m new to this forum as well, looking into Boinx as an alternative to Wirecast.
Do you have a MacBook Pro Retina?
I am running 3 x HDMI cameras into my Macbook Retina via 2 x Blackmagic Thunderbolt devices (Mini Recorders) & Intensity Shuttle USB3.0 as Blackmagic have finally released a beta USB 3.0 driver. I sometimes use the 3rd HDMI device to capture the PowerPoint output from another MacBook Retina via its HDMI OUT.

Thanks for the input, and sorry for the delay in response…

Thank you Achim, the USB based solution might work, but I like using the thunderbolt ports for video (looking to keep USB for audio processing).

To Plegilink
It is a retina display MacBook Pro. Thank you for the configuration recommendation. I ordered today the recorder you suggested (and because it was on the page Achim referred to.

I am curious though… Do either of you use chroma key filtering on top of these feeds? Is that what’s killing my CPU?

@Hyppy: BoinxTV is doing the chroma key filtering in the Graphics card and won’t take CPU cycles. However you can stall the graphics card performance if you are using to many chromakey filters on to big video images. But this is something you have to test on your own system because this is something that is highly depending on your graphics card.