Movies in FotoMagico

Hi, I am new to FotoMagico & am struggling to get a movie to work. I’m inserting it by dragging it in just like an image and the duration is set to the length of the movie but when I preview the slideshow it just won’t play - it just stays on the image before it. What am I missing to get it to work? Are there any settings I need to alter, or the transition?

I’m using vs 3.8.8 on a Mac OSX v10.8.5 and the movie is in mp4 format which works fine in Quicktime.

Any help would be really appreciated.

1. If you select the movie in the timeline and press the space bar, does this playback the movie?
  2. Maybe you have set the transition option for the Image to "Continue “After Mouseclick”? If so, you have to select the image before the movie, open the “Options” panel on the right and the the “Continue” parameter to “After Duration”.

Thanks for your response Achim,

1. No the movie does not play when I select it in the timeline & press the space bar
  2. The transition was already set to ‘After Duration’

Am still hoping someone can help please because as stated above:

1. No the movie does not play when I select it in the timeline & press the space bar

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can you provide us with the movie in question, so that we can test this on our side? (e.g. send a file sharing link to support(at)boinx.com with a reference to this forum post)