mimoLive 3.0b1: NDI™ in and out!

@Oliver (Boinx), Very happy to hear you are working on that control layer, It can come soon enough. As far as my issue with not being able to see the NDI video within Mimo I am hoping you . may have some suggestion as to why. My network is all running at 1000 Mbps. I can see images on NDI Monitor I can see images on multiple other devices but Mimo will not pick up the NDI signal from the PTZ1. Thankfully at the present I only use the NDI for monitoring and only use HDSDI for any TX, but it would be really useful when the control layer comes online.

@winnie If the NDI Monitor sees the video, mimoLive should as well. Can you post a screen shot with the NDI source?

@winnie Is it possible you haven’t installed the NDI HX driver for the PTZ-1? Sienna’s NDI Monitor comes with its own copy of the driver preinstalled but mimoLive (and most other software) still require you to install the driver system-wide: https://de.newtek.com/ndihx/products/ptz1/

I’m having trouble getting video from an iPad Air2 running the newest iOS (using the NDI Camera app) to my iMac (OS 10.12.6) running Mimo 3.2.1

The iPad shows up in the Mimo software and a green box frames the video on the iPad device, but still no video. I tried using the in-house wireless, as well as set up a private network using an Apple Airport Basestation.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

@TomD The NewTek NDI camera app only sends video and audio when the record button was tapped and turned red. It may be confusing but NDI knows about connection states and tally lights without actually sending any media data. Therefore the green frame indicates that the NDI camera app is on preview in mimoLive. It will turn red if it is on program. It will turn blue if it is connected to mimoLive but neither on preview nor on program. This will happen regardless of whether the NDI camera app actually sends video and audio or not. Long story short: Did you tap the record button? :smile:

Beni…forget it. I have a lowly Education (read Private) license…it won’t work.

@TomD NDI is available with all license types from mimoLive 4.0 which will be released … today. :wink:

Yesssss!

…and thank you!

@TomD You’re welcome. Let us know in case the issue persists. BTW here’s our blog post with a link to the launch live stream for mimoLive 4.