mimoCall crashes mimoLive immediately after caller joins

do you know when it will be fix?
I have few live today…

Same here. Finger crossed that they fix it quickly today.

We identified the issue. Its a combiniation of somethings going wrong in mimoLive (obviously) but due to a API change in a 3rd party service we use in the backend. We are releasing mimoLive 5.6 shortly which won’t crash anymore. However we are still working on the crash in mimoLive Reporter on iOS. For now please use an internet browser as mimoCall client.

1 Like

Thanks so much, have updated and now working with web callers (I don’t use the ios feature)

Mac OS 10.14.6
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

We fixed the backend too, so everything should be working normal again. (You don’t need to update mimoLive if you don’t want to)

Ok, the connection to the browser isn’t causing a mimo crash any more but return video (program out) is freezing in Chrome. Anybody else experiencing this?

Same here. So I just changed to showing another camera source to the caller and it’s fine. As long as they can communicate as expected.

I also found that deleting and re-installing the Reporter app fixed the issue with it closing and not connecting.

Finally, it’s best to delete your MimoCall sources in MimoLive and recreate from scratch. That seemed to fix initial problems with connecting to remote callers.

Having issues with MimoLive hearing Mimocall items on occasion. In some cases the audio from MimoLive is iffy too.

Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Not reliable at this point.

Yes, I did send a crashreport. Hoping some good will come of it.

Guys please know that Mimolive operates differently on different machines. ive seen proven and had to wonder why for a very long time. I have Mimolive On an Imac Pro - An Imac 27 inch - A Mac Book Pro 2018 13inch. I guarantee you it behaves different on all three. I do not know why… It works best on the Imac 27 inch. then the imac pro… not so great on the Macbook pro. so on a scale of 1/10… Imac 27inch is 9/10… Imac pro 8/10…macbook pro 13inch is a 7.5/10

Hi @Studio, @RTP_Studio. We will be doing some testing which will include your mentioned issues.
mimoLive / mimoCall -> Chrome using different video inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall -> Chrome using different audio inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall -> mimoLive Reporter using different video inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall -> mimoLive Reporter using different audio inputs.

We will try to reproduce the mentioned video issues first. Thank you for the crash report @Richard_Wildman . Audio testing will be done next.

@203 I will put my video & audio through several macs in order to incorporate testing on different machines. The last one is a 2018 13" macBook Pro base model (quad 2.4, 256 SSD, 8 GB Ram).

I hope I will be able to reproduce the mentioned issues.

Thank you guys for reaching out and for the valuable feedback you have given us. :bug::hammer::brain:

Status request.

Hopefully, things are going well.

Status update requested.

Requesting a Status Update - after two days since the last…

"Hi @Studio, @RTP_Studio. We will be doing some testing which will include your mentioned issues.
mimoLive / mimoCall → Chrome using different video inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall → Chrome using different audio inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall → mimoLive Reporter using different video inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall → mimoLive Reporter using different audio inputs.

We will try to reproduce the mentioned video issues first. Thank you for the crash report @Richard_Wildman . Audio testing will be done next.

@203 I will put my video & audio through several macs in order to incorporate testing on different machines. The last one is a 2018 13" macBook Pro base model (quad 2.4, 256 SSD, 8 GB Ram).

I hope I will be able to reproduce the mentioned issues.

Thank you guys for reaching out and for the valuable feedback you have given us. :bug::hammer::brain:"

Status, please.
Normally, Boinx is quite good at providing such status updates on these issues.

Hi @rwildman & @Richard_Wildman.

Sorry for the late reply.

I have tested the following so far without any video problems or freezing issues:
mimoLive / mimoCall -> Chrome using different video inputs.
mimoLive / mimoCall -> Chrome using different audio inputs.

I am still in the testing process. We are testing input and output data in more detail to see where the degradation of quality happens. Another team member is also testing and working on fixes.

So far, this is not good enough for me. I will try to reproduce the issue with different browsers and other tools. Maybe I will be able to reproduce the issues.