Logitech c920 Camera Fuzziness Problem

Ok, so for about six months I’ve been suffering from a camera fuzziness problem. I heard that iStopMotion was a good program, and I thought it would fix my problem that I had with my earlier program. I got, and it was great! I loved all the functions, but when I exported it, I had the same fuzzy result. At the time, I was using a Logitech c910, and I figured there was a problem with the camera, so I got a c920 just recently. Still fuzzy.

Here’s a still from a clip with the bad quality and fuzziness:
It might be hard to see, but if you look closely, there’s this layer of fuzziness.

I’ve tried exporting my clips in many formats, but none of them work. I use H.264 compression, so I don’t see why I’m having that much trouble. Does anybody have any suggestions on the best way to export video shot on a webcam? Specifically the c920? If I need to give more info, just tell me.

(B.t.w., I’m new to these forums.)

So can I have some help?

@Grant1112: Sorry for my late reply! I looked close to the sample image you provided and my feeling is, that is has a pretty good quality. Please can you point out some details of it where you are unsatisfied with the result?

@Grant1112: Sorry for my late reply! I looked close to the sample image you provided and my feeling is, that is has a pretty good quality. Please can you point out some details of it where you are unsatisfied with the result?

Sorry about that. I wanted to post a video file showing the fuzziness, but unfortunately I couldn’t. I don’t like that every time I export, the video has this weird fuzziness in the background. Shouldn’t it just be clear with no fuzziness? Many people have told me my problem is I’m not shooting uncompressed. Do you know what that means? I think my problem could be fixed if I just shot uncompressed frames, but I don’t know how to do that. Do you have any suggestions? I’ll be happy to clarify anything for you.

@Grant1112: It is very hard to discuss visual issues if we don’t see the same things. Are you able to send a short sample (<10 MB) of your movie to support(at)boinx.com with a note that our support team should forward it to me (Achim)?

Yeah definitely! I’m sorry about all the confusion. I’ll attach this picture too, which might help you understand my problem I bit more. If you look closely, you’ll see fuzziness. If this image doesn’t help, hopefully the video clip will.

I added arrows showing places where the fuzziness is the worst.

I think you are talking about “noise” in “same color” areas? This noise is coming from the video chip and the amplification if the scene is to dark to expose the video chip completely. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_noise#In_digital_cameras ) We once (in iStopMotion 2.x) had an option for averaging up to 5 separate images into one to reduce this noise but with Lego you are going to run into the next problem: Once you have perfect equally colored surfaces the video compressor is going to make ugly squares because big areas are looking the same. My suggestion is to light up the scene a bit so that the dynamics of your video chip gets used the best way.