Landscape view jumps to Portrait View

Using iPhone for capture. When I set everything up and view is landscape mode, the view on the screen (in window of software) will jump to portrait view.
Can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Everything looks good at outset, then appears as a close up in portrait view (sideways) in iStopMotion window.
Tried look up problem, but can’t find solution.
Can anyone help?

What versions for iPhone Camera and iStopMotion Mac are you using? I am asking, because we fixed a bug in the latest versions that should fix this problem.

iphone 4 with version 7.0.4. I deleted the istopmotion app from my phone last night and downloaded the latest version (2.2.2, I think). Still having the same problem. Thanks for any help you can give.

I am currently having the same problem with the latest version of istopmotion. I just downloaded it today. I am using my Canon Rebel t3i to capture the images on a MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks. Everything is working fine with the camera connection to the program. The live feed works fine and is the correct orientation (landscape) when it is displaying what the camera is seeing. But then when I capture the image it is in the portrait orientation. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or how to fix this problem. Please give me some suggestions as soon as possible as I am working on a project with a deadline. Thank you.

@oldalgebra: Which version of iStopMotion for Mac are you using?

@phoebe_zoe: Are you using the Canon facing down? When using the camera this way, the detected orientation (landscape / portrait) by the camera is unstable and because the iStopMotion 3.5b2 isn’t checking for the orientation of the device for the live view the camera may capture in the wrong orientation. To prevent your camera from detecting the orientation you can switch off this feature in the settings of your camera: “Auto-Rotation: off”. Now all the images gets captured in landscape mode.