iStopmotion3 shut down every time I import files!

Hey, I use iStopmotion3 dayly - do stopmotions. But today I was rather surprised to see the software with no reason started to act strange. I can’t import files. If I import one - it’s ok. If I choose 2 or more and then import - the programm shut down immediatly.
Anyone has this problem?
No any updates for the last week or two. And no problems till today.

Do you get a “crash log” for iStopMotion when it shut down? If so, please send it to support(at)boinx.com with a reference to this forum post. Thanks!

I have a similar problem. I tried to open the import from still camera window and the program shut down. Every time I try to do this, it shuts down. But doing just this worked the previous day. I’ve been using this software for months and this is the first time this has happened.

@AstinMartin: Did you get a crash log? Can you provide it at support(at)boinx.com? Thanks!

What does a crash log look like? I’ve never gotten anything which has said ‘crash log.’ I’ve gotten windows that have the option of sending ‘problem reports’ but no crash logs.

@AstinMartin: There should be some kind of a “Details” button on the “Sending Problem Reports” window which opens a text box with the crash log. Its very technical stuff so I am sure you will recognize it immediately :wink: Just copy & past the text into an email and send this with a description of what you did and what happens to support(at)boinx.com. Thanks!

I did it! Thanks!

We are able to reproduce the problem and we are looking into it. For the time being I suggest to use the workaround to drag & drop the files from Finder into the timeline of your iStopMotion document. In case you want to import the files from your camera you have to copy it to your hard disk with the “Image Capture” app by Apple first.

Hi, since today i do have exactly the same.
I am running iOS mavericks, just updated to iStopmotion 3.5. A few days it worked perfectly.
Please help me out here.

@zjapp: does the “Drag & Drop from Finder” workaround work for you?

Same problem. Drag and Drop works for me. (OS 10.9.1)

@achim the drag and drop works for me. Are you working on a fix?

We released a beta version for iStopMotion 3.6b1 which should fix this issue. I would be happy to get feedback on this: You can download it from here: http://www.boinx.com/istopmotion/mac/beta/ Please note that this is beta software and may contain other bugs, please don’t use in production! Thanks!

This problem still seems to exist, I have just spent £40 and it has a bug in it that has been around since before xmas - quite a serious one as this is the workflow I bought it for. ETA for an update?

We are able to reproduce the problem and we are looking into it. For the time being I suggest to use the workaround to drag & drop the files from Finder into the timeline of your iStopMotion document. In case you want to import the files from your camera you have to copy it to your hard disk with the "Image Capture" app by Apple first.