iStopMotion for iPad in the field - Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth connection for remote camera

Hi Guys,

I finally bought an iPad, and simply for one reason - to play with iStopMotion by Boinx. Great app, but I have to admit that I am a little dissapointed that you cannot connect the remote camera app on the iPhone via Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth connections. I just want to be able to take my iphone 4S and iPad into the field with a hot cup of coco and get some amazing timelapse of a setting sun or busy street. What are the chances we may see this functionality in a future release?

This is how it works for me: Turn on the Personal Hotspot on the iPhone (WiFi-type), connect your iPad to this new network. Start iStopCamera on the iPhone and iStopMotion on the iPad. Create a project and select the camera icon in the upper right corner. The camera setup popover will be shown. Here you should be able to select your iPhone.

We tested Bluetooth as well but the data rate we get through here was far to small so there won’t be a real live preview.

I don’t know what I did wrong previously, but it works now. Thanks for the step by step instructions.