I bought FotoMagico 3 or 4 in the Mac AppStore, how do I upgrade to FotoMagico 5?

This is a follow up to my previous comment. I have now done the upgrade process as described above and it works fine. Just to be clear, the upgrade from Fotomagico 4 to Fotomagico 5 is a PAID upgrade (it costs £39.99 in the UK). When Fotomagico 5 is installed, open it and look at the menu bar near the bottom of the page (items such as Storyboard, Timeline, Blank Slide and Add Title are on this bar). Click on the Timeline button and you will be prompted to upgrade to Fotomagico 5Pro. If you already have Fotomagico 4 (as I did) this will be shown as a FREE upgrade. Go ahead and ‘purchase’ the free upgrade and it will be installed on your machine.

The real problem here is with the Mac App Store which implies that the upgrade from Fotomagico 4 to 5Pro is a free upgrade. This is not the case.

Harrib: Thank you for taking the time to figure it out and share it with everybody here. I’m sorry that this is so complicated, but the App Store leaves us little choice of how to provide for discounted upgrades to owners of a previous version. We’ll try to do a better job at describing the process in the FAQ. Can we use your description as a base?

I read all the comments below. I see it’s not free. But why not offer a little discount to those who purchased the last version, 4?

shirlco,

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Indeed, there is a discount for those who purchased FotoMagico 4 previously on the Mac App Store. If you buy FotoMagico 5, it will look for FotoMagico 4, and, if present, will give you the option to upgrade to FotoMagico 5 Pro at a discount. Unfortunately, this is the only way we can offer a discount on the Mac App Store at all.

Best regards,

Oliver.

i can not open fotomagico 5 pro even if I already paid on 7th august!
how must I do ?

@parabond Can you please contact sales@boinx.com?

I can’t find the basic version of FotoMagico 5 in the App Store… please advice?

FotoMagico 5 on the Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/fotomagico-5/id1023352572?mt=12&at=10laKZ

Please help me upgrade. The instructions and link listed on the website force me to pay $49.99 to the Apple App store. I am attempting to get my free upgrade from Vs4 to Vs5.

Hi, yesterday (23/07/17) I decided to upgrade from FotoMagico 4 to 5 Pro as I wanted to use the Audio Marker Assistant. I followed instructions for the FREE upgrade to FotoMagico 5 Pro from the App Store as described in your screenshot above. On the App Store I dowloaded the V5, opened it and located my V4 and then had to ‘pay’ Apple again thinking this is where they give a credit to cancel my purchase, thus making it FREE.

This appears not to be the case as I now have two invoices from Apple for £49.99 each, one for V5 and the other for V5 Pro! for an upgrade that you say is FREE if I own V4!

Please advise where I go from here before I open a ‘dispute’ in PayPal’s Resolution Centre to retrieve what I should not have paid due to someones mistake at Boinx or Apple?

Also, on your website yesterday the price is £39.99 so why was I charged £49.99

This is very confusing!

Michael C

@paintography I’m sorry about the troubles. We have no control over the App Store other than that we can list our products there.

Can you please contact sales@boinx.com so that we can work on resolving this issue?

Bonjour , just dowloaded today FotoMagico 5 :5.4.3 from app store .Please let me know where I can find a user manual since the one on the application FotoMagico can not be printed due to ???

@taochats Thanks for purchasing FotoMagico! We provide a user manual in digital form only at https://manual.fotomagi.co/

I see your point about printing a manual and we’ll take that into consideration.

I just bought version 5 for the first time for $49.95 via the App Store. I now have to pay another $49.95 for the “Pro” version?

Hi Support,
I still do not see that the issue with “support for displaying Lightroom 7 Classic libraries” is resolved.
I’m running FM 5.5.3 (App Store Version) and “Lightroom Classic CC 7.1”. Do not see the LR Lib, nor have the option to manually locate them.
What’s the status of this fix ?
Thanks Richi

Hi there, I followed the instructions above when I tried to upgrade from 4 to 5 on my MacBook but the app store charged me even though should have been a free upgrade. I contacted apple and they refunded on that occasion but I also need to do it on my iMac but don’t want to risk getting charged again as they won’t refund me next time they said I should contact you???

Hoe kan ip updaten naar de nieuwste versie ?
Ik heb FotoMagico 5 op 30-03-2016 gekocht in de Mac AppStore

@veteraan60 We’re currently working on getting FotoMagico 5.6 through the approval process at the Mac App Store. Thank you for your patience.

Paid $49.95 FOR THE UPGRADE FROM FOTOMAGICO 5 TO FOTOMAGICO 5 PRO
I NEED TO KNOW WHER IS IT AT?

@richard.renock@att.net Thank you for buying the upgrade. If you bought it on the Mac App Store, it is not a separate download but unlocks features inside the app that previously had a “Pro” badge. If you bought it from FastSpring, you should have received a license key in the email that does the same for the non-Mac App Store version. Simply enter the new license key and the Pro features will become available. There is no separate FotoMagico Pro app.